Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Putting videos after titles, photos, and audio in the timeline.
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2008 18:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am working on my movie. I have a bunch of audio, photos, and titles in the timeline. I have a video that I want to put after them. But whenever I drag it to the video track, powerdirector always wants to put it at the beginning -- even if I drag it way over to the right.

How do I get around this?
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Any files in the main timeline default to the left.
You can work around this by just using the pip timeline.
or
Place a blank png file or colorboard in the main timeline (it will default to the left) and stretch it out to the point you wish to begin your actual video. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi William,
I had a simular problem, but any clip I tried to insert between two others always ended up on the right.
A reboot of the pc and basically stopped trying to do many things at once, (E mail, browsing while editing.)

Editors do not like to share PCs!

Anyway, that solved it for me on taht occasion and on other occasions where things were not behaving.

Reboot, don't run other progs.

Kintara 8-) Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.