Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SMART SOUND MUSIC does not work
Rosario56 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Jan 23, 2012 04:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Furter Experiences:

Hi Toni,

I'm trying to understand How to solve the problem and I'm doing many attemps.
I have discovered that if I use for example an mp3 track along with a Smart track if Smart drag the Smart to adjust its length, it no longer plays, as mentioned earlier, but if I go to play for a second the mp3 track then also the dragged Smart track plays

Other experience:
My manual only says to enter duration before putting the Smart track on the timeline,
but if I do it and then make other editing operations (not on the Smart track) I
obtain no sound again

Please can You say me wich is the correct way to use Smart sound tracks???
do I make some mistake?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rosario -

From what you've said, I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

The duration of SS tracks can be set before you add them to the timeline or by clicking & dragging in the timeline. Both methods are supposed to work.

You've tried so many uninstalls & re-installs - of QuickTracks & QuickTime - it's hard to imagine what might be causing the problem... especially as it's playing intermittently. On again/off again. Hard to diagnose!

When you get the "no play" problem, try this:
1. Hover over the SS track & note its duration.
2. Go back to the SS module & type in that duration
3. Replace the "no play" track with a fresh one - then don't adjust the duration again! What happens?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2013 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I am having the same problem
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
I meant to say I have PD11 I did not have this problem with PD 10
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found a temporary work-around, rather than dragging the SS tracks from the microphone track to the music (which I have been doing up to now, which is extremely annoying if you have many SS tracks).

I have found that if you change the playback preview quality, the SS tracks work for one playback, you have to change the playback preview quality each time, but it is easier than dragging tracks about!

Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry to keep adding suggestions piecemeal !, I have found that if I start all my tracks at 00:00:00:15 the SS track plays every time with no need to swap tracks or alter the preview quality.

It's work for me so far, so it's worth a try
Rosario56 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Italy Joined: Jan 23, 2012 04:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

this problem is very annoying. I've understood that everytime you make an action that could be a "reset" of the work the tracks will return to work. In the past I used previous versions of PD and I never had this problem (and in the past there were more free tracks than now)

You have PD 11, please can You satisfy my curiosity: Is it true the video quality improvement in the productions (I work on SD material, old VHS-Svhs) of DVDs??? (enhanced deinterlacing etc)or it's the same of PD 10?? I'm non interested at effects or other things like these, but if the final video quality is really improved respect to pd10 I could think to upgrade...
Thank You

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2013 12:07