Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
More accurate rotation of video
cmorris976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 02:07 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to rotate my video clips in small increments? When I click and drag the circle in the preview window the first increment of rotation is way too large. Thanks for any help.
cmorris976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 02:07 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I figured it out right after I posted! In the Power Tools section there is a way to rotate in smaller increments (just in case anyone find this post later on looking for the same thing!).
Regardt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2013 01:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just want to know how to rotate clips? I took some clips from a phone and its always sideways.

can you help maybe?
[Post New]
Eu só quero saber como girar clipes? Eu levei alguns clipes de um telefone e é sempre para o lado. você pode ajudar, talvez?

Rotate the video is very easy to select the video in the timeline, preview appears in a circle in the center hold and rotate the image, will be applied to any selected clip.
Or, select the clip, click the button (Power Tools) Video Rotation check the box, next to the button, left or right

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2013 06:08

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Stan L [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pacific Northwest, Olympic Peninsula Joined: Feb 13, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
So I can rotate my clip by use of the blue cross hair features (right click) or in the modify tools. Problem with the modify tools is that it wants to treat it like a motion effect, can I cause it to happen in a frame or two. I can't seem to find how to force the time period of the rotational effect but like. Using the cross hair option I lose the top and bottom of my video.
Stan L [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pacific Northwest, Olympic Peninsula Joined: Feb 13, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Actually it looks like I lose top and bottom in both methods.
Stan L [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got it finally! after rotating the clip with the blue cross hairs I then pulled the frame back into the black area of the former frame layout using the boudary corner things.
[Post New]
Quote: So I can rotate my clip by use of the blue cross hair features (right click) or in the modify tools. Problem with the modify tools is that it wants to treat it like a motion effect, can I cause it to happen in a frame or two. I can't seem to find how to force the time period of the rotational effect but like. Using the cross hair option I lose the top and bottom of my video.

When you rotate an image will always create black bands on the sides, will cut image up and down, can shrink the image to fit the screen height.
To rotate only part of a video, split at the beginning and end of the part that takes effect. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Stan L [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I will try putting splits in a video to test that effect.