Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No response from Customer Service
sierra48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2013 01:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have never had such terrible tech support---ever!! I sent the requested information (for an activation key) to the tech support waited three days and got a totally irrevelant response back, complained about it and got another totally off the wall response from these guys/gals whoever they are, wherever they are. I don't see how any one could buy this product when you can't get anyone to help, I'm totally turned off and frustrated by this. How did this software ever get a good rating?? I wonder who is running this business, anyway, I submitted my request again, attached the information and this time they didn't bother to reply at all, it's been 7 days. I looked for a phone number, nothing. Any suggestions out there? I know I'm not the only one.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi sierra48 -

Your annoyance is understandable & you're not alone. I'm sure the reviewers rated PD on what it could do, rather than the quality of Tech Support.

We're just ordinary PD users like you, but if you post your issue in the forum you will get responses from members. Someone may have had the same problem or know a fix.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, I don't think any Forum members are in a position to supply an activation key, or know of any alternative sources for one other than buying a CD copy of PD. I would be surprised if sierra48 would be prepared to do that now he's had experience of Cyberlink customer support. I suppose someone might know a telephone number but I seem to recall other members complaining about the telephone service as well. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

No - we don't do activation keys!

I was speaking in more general terms about using the software... but, of course, you're correct.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would be more concerned with why sierra48 wants a CD Key in the first place.

It he bought Powerdirector from a legitimate source, he should have a CD Key.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have never had such terrible tech support---ever!! I sent the requested information (for an activation key) to the tech support waited three days and got a totally irrevelant response back, complained about it and got another totally off the wall response from these guys/gals whoever they are, wherever they are. I don't see how any one could buy this product when you can't get anyone to help, I'm totally turned off and frustrated by this. How did this software ever get a good rating?? I wonder who is running this business, anyway, I submitted my request again, attached the information and this time they didn't bother to reply at all, it's been 7 days. I looked for a phone number, nothing. Any suggestions out there? I know I'm not the only one.

As others have said we can't help directly with CD keys.

But did your original activation key become unusable because of many reinstallations of the software? I think this does happen. After so many reinstallations, the original CD key doesn't work anymore. Is this what happened?

All you need is some proof of purchase. Do you have anything that shows your purchase? Order verification email? Receipt from a store if it is a boxed version?

If you do, send me a PM(Private Message) and I can try to help the best way I can.

Kevin

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
sierra48 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2013 01:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
The story with the software is that I bought it and never installed it, recently I wanted to use it and went to install it and found that I had lost the original CD sleeve with the activation code on it and could not find it recorded anywhere. I went to the website and it said you could get a new key by sending in a copy of your original receipt of purchase along with a scan of the original DVD which I did and sent it in. Those guys sent me a message like they didn't see the attachments, they were right there on the return response but they never opened them, when I pointed this out they wrote me something entirely off subject so I sent the attachments again hoping for another person to help but no luck, and no response at all this time. So I tried the forum. I was thinking of upgrading but after this experience I really don't think I will. It's just inexplicable to me and I've plenty of less than stellar experiences with tech support but this tops them all.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
PM sent to you
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Michelle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2013 01:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I suppose someone might know a telephone number but I seem to recall other members complaining about the telephone service as well.