Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You Tube upload.
Aidah [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 23:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have just upgraded to PD6 and was happy that I could upload to You Tube directly from PD6. Unfortunately I am having some problems.

I have edited some video. I went to Produce and did the needful to upload to youtube. It produces up to 99% and then nothing happens although the elapsed time at the bottom of the window keeps going on.

The first time I it went upto 99% in 2 and a half hours and I left it to finish, but 10 hours later it was still at 99%.

I have gone out of PD6 and started as a new project several times, but everytime the same problem.

Please help. How do I upload to YOU TUBE directly from PD6.

Any help appreciated.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Dec 31, 2007 11:49 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
See if this will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iiFWs2DVSo Through Christ,
Chris
Aidah [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the link. I have gone through it and have done the whole thing, but it still uploads till 99% and stays on that page. I don't get the you tube link at the end.

Regards
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you tried to produce the movie then go to you tube and see if it will work this way.

Also, how large of a file is it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2008 07:23

Through Christ,
Chris
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
There are two ways to upload your video: by using our Single File Uploader and the YouTube Uploader. Depending on which upload method you choose, your videos can be up to 100MB or up to 1GB.

Videos uploaded through YouTube's Single File Uploader have to be under the 100MB file size limit. The longer the video is, the more compression will be required to fit it into that size. For that reason, most videos on YouTube are under five minutes long and there is a 10-minute length limit for all videos.

You can compress your video using movie editors, like Windows MovieMaker or Apple iMovie. Programs like these allow you to edit your videos, add soundtracks, and compress file sizes.

If you choose to use the YouTube Uploader, your video can be up to 1GB in size.

Same rule should apply when uploading from Power Director to You Tube.

So make sure your video is under 100 MB. If you want to upload a larger file I think you will need to go and use the You Tube uploader. You are able to upload up to 1 GB. Through Christ,
Chris
Aidah [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Yes, I can upload from You Tube direct.

I must admit my file is quite large, but less than 100mb and the duration is 7 min. Maybe I should try uploading a smaller file from PD6 to You Tube.

Thaks for your advice. I will give it one more try with a smaller file.

Regards.
Aidah [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi,

Ok, I have tried a smaller file, only 3.5 min and 36MB. It went up to the 7th stage which is uploading to You Tube and then it stayed on that page and did not give me a link.

When I pressed the 'Home' button it went back to the edit page and there was a produced movie file on the media room.

Please help.