Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enable GPU Accelerated Encoding with AMD/ATI Graphic Cards.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
If you have an ATI or AMD graphics card, you may like to know about the AVIVO codec package you need to download from AMD to make GPU accelerated encoding available in PowerDirector 11.

This note is at the bottom of the PowerDirector 11 product web page on the Spec tab:

"1. Accelerated video encoding on AMD graphics cards requires the user to install the AMD Media Codec Package, also known as the Avivo™ Package. This package is available as an optional download when obtaining an AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for AMD desktop graphics and notebook graphics products, available at www.amd.com."

After searching the AMD website, I got to the following page where I had to fill out a form after which I could download the codec package.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/eyespeed_downloads.aspx

After installing the codecs, the "Fast video rendering technology" and "Hardware video encoder" options became enabled on my computer for MPEG-2, h.264/AVC, WMV, MPEG-4, and MKV formats. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
John-hpxref2 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: West Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2012 17:16 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Xerox I wondered why my new ATI card didn't do this...good to have a Hawkeye on board...
John
[Post New]
Quote:
After installing the codecs, the "Fast video rendering technology" and "Hardware video encoder" options became enabled on my computer for MPEG-2, h.264/AVC, WMV, MPEG-4, and MKV formats.

ENABLED and WORKED are a little bit different words
Lets try if it WORKS.

I had similar situation with Quick Sync which was enabled but not worked ....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2013 07:24

[Post New]
Quote: If you have an ATI or AMD graphics card, you may like to know about the AVIVO codec package you need to download from AMD to make GPU accelerated encoding available in PowerDirector 11.
This note is at the bottom of the PowerDirector 11 product web page on the Spec tab:
"1. Accelerated video encoding on AMD graphics cards requires the user to install the AMD Media Codec Package, also known as the Avivo™ Package. This package is available as an optional download when obtaining an AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver for AMD desktop graphics and notebook graphics products, available at www.amd.com."

Here is updated to version (Catalyst 12.10), and in my opinion already comes with the AVIVO or another name.
I downloaded and installed this PACK indicated only by curiosity, installation showed nothing to install, everything was updated. (ATI HD 6750) (Sometimes a clean reinstall solves problems)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
It definitely works for me, but I need to install the latest version of AMD Catalyst Control Center 12.10 before installing the AVIVO package (XCODE) which has a version of 12.8. I thought that because the package with the AVIVO codecs was version 12.8 that I should install version 12.8 of the AMD Catalyst Control Center first. That did not work. Version 12.10 of CCC must be installed first.

Not only did this enable hardware encoding in PowerDirector 11, but also in a competitor's product.

You can see my computer specs in my signature.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.