Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PLEASE HELP ASAP! SlowMo scrues up sound!
[Post New]
I just recently got Powerdirector 11 and i'm having a lot of fun with it and learning all the effects etc... but sadly when I put clips into slow motion, like right now, I have a clip of me shooting a weapon in BF3, but when I put it slow motion or manually choose something like .50-.60 speed, the sound echoes and is all weird...

Before using PD 11, I used just the free Microsoft Movie Maker, and when I slow down that to .50 the sound is perfect and is exactly what I want to here...

Is this fixable or is the slow motion just shit on PD 11?

Thanks,

AllDayBeastModeonPC
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just recently got Powerdirector 11 and i'm having a lot of fun with it and learning all the effects etc... but sadly when I put clips into slow motion, like right now, I have a clip of me shooting a weapon in BF3, but when I put it slow motion or manually choose something like .50-.60 speed, the sound echoes and is all weird...

Before using PD 11, I used just the free Microsoft Movie Maker, and when I slow down that to .50 the sound is perfect and is exactly what I want to here...

Is this fixable or is the slow motion just shit on PD 11?

Thanks,

AllDayBeastModeonPC

Sound does not work correctly in Video Speed. Slow motion is fine in PD 11, the Video works as it should.

What you can do is remove the sound from the video you want to video speed, (slow or fast).

Add the Audio to a separate track after you have adjusted the video speed.

Length of the video speed clip will be changed, therefore the audio will not fit anymore.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
That seems to be the biggest shortcoming of PD12 so far. In AVS I could speed up a clip to 16X and the sound would be sped up acordingly. Made for a lot of fun clips. But in PD12, aything over speed of 1.9X oe below ,5 mutes the sound.'

Big shame! Do I really have to ???
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That seems to be the biggest shortcoming of PD12 so far. In AVS I could speed up a clip to 16X and the sound would be sped up acordingly. Made for a lot of fun clips. But in PD12, aything over speed of 1.9X oe below ,5 mutes the sound.'

Big shame!

My condolences to anyone who had friends or relatives that were affected by the recent disaster.

Did you read the suggestions given by Carl? Have you tried it? You might be able to adjust the audio with Wave Editor or, if you really need it with a trial of Gold Wave. That program allows for a lot of adjustments and has a pretty lenient trial period. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Thank you Steve. The Cyclone went right by us without affecting us. But a lot of people weren't so lucky.

I did use the Wave Editor and it works well. But I'm a bit suprised that such a powerful and straight forward software makes you go to another application just to adjust the speed of the sound on a clip that you already adjusted the speed on. Even Windows Movie maker is better in that sense.

Other wise PD12 is an amazing software
Do I really have to ???