Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie question: Is image "flipping" or "rotating" supported?
paulking [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Dec 31, 2012 15:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I see that I can produce a mirror image in YouCam 5, but not a vertical flip. I need to mount my camera so that it points downward in front of me, and what I see on the image is at best a mirror image so that my left and the "reflection's" left agree. What I don't seem to get is the ability to flip an image so that it will appear rightside up. Right now, things are upside down and backwards.

In older editions of YouCam, this was included. Was it removed from YouCam (or at least hidden)? I would like to see my image as I am filming it, and seeing an upside-down/backwards image messes me up. I need to see a proper image while I am filming. Is there any way to do this?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2012 15:43

--
Paul King

2B or not 2B?
What is the square root of 4B squared?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have YC 5.2308 Deluxe and can only flip left/right, not upside down.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2013 21:55

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
fantamace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 23, 2013 20:32 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Would be nice to if flipping can be developed as an added feature here. Would be nice to see that as an option.
BQBQ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2020 19:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I see that I can produce a mirror image in YouCam 5, but not a vertical flip. I need to mount my camera so that it points downward in front of me, and what I see on the image is at best a mirror image so that my left and the "reflection's" left agree. What I don't seem to get is the ability to flip an image so that it will appear rightside up. Right now, things are upside down and backwards.

In older editions of YouCam, this was included. Was it removed from YouCam (or at least hidden)? I would like to see my image as I am filming it, and seeing an upside-down/backwards image messes me up. I need to see a proper image while I am filming. Is there any way to do this?

I have a current YouCam (October 2020). The GEARS feature for CAMERA allows FLIP HORIZONTALLY. I would like to be able to flip vertically because I normally mount my C920 camera upside down on the top part of my monitor to bring my eye contact and screen watching as close as possible for Zoom meetings. I have used other software that does allow FLIP VERTICAL for an upside down camera, and this would be a good feature in YOUCAM. My issue is exactly the same as the person who started this post. Some of the answers describe that the underlying software is possible but don't explain any way for regular users to do this today with YOUCAM.