Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making a 720p (roughly 350mb sized) video?!
SHookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2010 23:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
HOW do I do this?! I see several tv-series and anime series in 720p AND in mp4-format that are around 350mb! I have some avi-files I want to make 720p videos from (in mp4-format and around 250~350mb), but HOW do I do this in PowerDirector 11?! HOW do I customize the profile so I can get it to that size and quality?!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: HOW do I do this?! I see several tv-series and anime series in 720p AND in mp4-format that are around 350mb! I have some avi-files I want to make 720p videos from (in mp4-format and around 250~350mb), but HOW do I do this in PowerDirector 11?! HOW do I customize the profile so I can get it to that size and quality?!

AVI is a uncompressed format, so the video files are very large.

Any of the compressed formats will likely reduce the file size of the video compared to AVI.

The main factor in file size is the bit rate of the video. One way to reduce the files size of a MP4 file is to lower the rendering bit rate.
Some of the profiles in Powerdirector 11 are customizable.

The 720p MP4 profile can be lowered to 6 Mbps. (Normal 9 Mbps). Click the (+) plus sign beside the profile selection.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 16. 2012 22:09

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SHookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2010 23:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, I understand. So, I've got 1 .avi-file that is about 1.5gb of size and it's only 15 mins long that I want to produce a mp4 out of... How much smaller in size can I make that mp4 compared to the avi? I tried adjusting to the lowest possible settings, and so far it's still rather big, considering it's just 15 minutes long; 600mb... Maybe I should opt for other programs that makes the job done, or?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
15 minutes of mp4 in 720p, 600 MB sounds about right. If that is too big, do your editing, then produce to a high quality format and use a free, third party program to make the final conversion. Just remember, make it too small and you will see the quality loss. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM