Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black Screen in Color Director - SOLVED
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2012 10:47 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, it was fixed a few days ago.A remote session with RD team, I would of never figured it out by myself . RD said it was graphic card compatibility issue and already reported it to NVDIA. They entered the registry editor and changed/modified/added, and it works now,no more black screen.

Thanks.

Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2012 08:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is RD? I just came across the same problem today..this was a great help by the way. I just need to know who you called to fix it. I have the Radeon R6770 core edition with the same issues.

Thanks
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
research and development , I'm guessing. Maybe its Remote Desk or somethhing. Anyway, you have to begin with sending in a ticket at technical support.You can of course also reference this post and explain how I had had similar problems.
You can also quickly request a remote session to fix your problem...but maybe you don't have the same problem.... so its best to send in a ticket describing your issues and take it from there. For example I don't have a Radeon R6770 , so it is possible that your fix or possible soluions are not the same as mine was.
All the best.
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2012 08:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help Joe. You were correct in that I had a different problem.
1)I decided to do the ccleaner route, no luck.
2)Uninstalled PD11. Didn't work, but I noticed that CD didn't get uninstalled.
3)Uninstalled again, this time making sure that I checked off the CD uninstall.
4)Ran Ccleaner for PD then shut down system.
5)Reinstalled. This time it worked. (the only error I received on installing was 1628 failed. ( I believe it has something to due with my past versions of PD) ????

If I remember my initial install I.....wait for it.......didn't download all of the files as described below!!! I did a few downloads and ran them till I noticed 'THE INSTRUCTIONS' The last line being key!!!

Hopefully this will help someone else who has run into this problem

Info

PowerDirector Ultimate Suite is comprised of a large collection of files. Due to file size limitation of the Windows operating system, the program has to be split in several files for download. After downloading all the files, please save them all in the same folder and double click the file that ends in "part1" or "part1.exe", the installation will start automatically.

"Live and learn...hopefully before it's to late"

Thanks again

PS(I did start a ticket and when I realized they were going to run me through all that you mentioned above, I decided I better too, rather than jump to confusions)

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joecan123

To assist other editors' who might experience a similar issue to you can you edit your title line in your first post to (something like) Black Screen in Color Director - SOLVED.

Many thanks

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

john-boy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland Joined: Apr 28, 2011 16:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Excuse me folks but... You call that Solved Solved would be a PATCH fix for the program.

You did not even say what the RD Team did, just that they "did something" concerning the Video Card driver or .....

Man oh man, when I saw solved I thought GREAT.... but then I read how I need to Establish a Service Trouble Call and then Configure my PC so SOMEONE ELSE can login and do "whatever"?

That is not good either. I do not like letting anyone access my computer remotely Or do I like giving the person such Administrative Privileges. With so many choices in software for us to buy, I would think Cyberlink would have this problem truly solved. You said THEY KNOW what it is.... why can't they tell us?

ALMOST SOLVED is more like it...... thank you.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2013 14:47

[Post New]
Hello john-boy,

Welcome to the CDR forum.

You're right. It's not very helpful to other users if the solution isn't posted.

Gary's issue was resolved by correctly downloading & installing ALL the parts of DirectorSuite.

One can only assume that the OP, JoeCan123, didn't really understand what changes were made to his registry once they realised there was some CPU driver incompatibility.

Joe, if you're out there, perhaps you could shed some light?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JoeCan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, yes I did not quite fully understand what they did , those complex issues with registry are over my head.

After weeks of trying all sorts of stuff on my own to resolve the issue without success, I really did not having a problem with the idea of remote assistance.
I have had remote assistance once in the past concerning a Norton antivirus issue. I gave Cyberlink support a password, they connected, fixed the issue ( so fast that it was difficult to follow their steps looking at my screen ). Then I changed the password, so no possible future connection with my computer is possible.

Let me dig up some emails, I will post here again, I do remember asking them to send me an email describing how they fixed my issue.
But what I wrote in my previous posts is all I know, I don't remember them going into specific details other than < graphic card compatibility issue and already reported it to NVDIA > and after weeks of frustration , I really did not care about the how where what who .... I just wanted this issue fixed ! I will post more info if I dig up something new in my emails.
All works fine now.

P.S. Do you have the same problem john-boy ? Did you purchase the software or not yet ?and yes I called that SOLVED ! It was solved for me and I raised a red flag. I don't work for Cyberlink, so if they did not post a PATCH fix for everybody...or if they are still selling their software without the Patch Fix integrated into the program..... well thats not my problem is it.

I did what I had to do, wrote here looking for help, opened up several tickets with support,tried some fixes myself and with their help,then went on to remote assistance..... MY issue was fixed, MY problem solved, I figured that Cybelink will FIX this issue for all with a PATCH, maybe they already did for new Color Director software buyers. But, it also seemed like a rare problem that I had and not common,I searched and searched the web and on this forum for similar user problems with Color Director and did not find many ,just one other person. So, with all the Color Director owners out there and with soooo few problems similar to mine being reported..... I still think PD and Color Director are still GREAT products to buy !

You write john-boy ......< so many choices in software for us to buy.....>....
I read the forums and reviews before purchasing Color Director and PD 11, for me it won hands down over the competition...for my purposes.
Sure, support was a bit slow and they can improve on that, but overall, I always received quick replies to my support tickets..and trouble shooting steps to do.They tried everything to fix the issue....it was not working, remote assistance fixed. I'm happy that I don't have any paranoid issues with that......

.....thank-you.......

Joe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2013 18:32

john-boy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maryland Joined: Apr 28, 2011 16:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for a very thoughtful reply to my posting!

It was very kind of you to take the time and explain it all to me, you are a nice person, actually, everyone here in this thread is very kind and I thank you all!

John-boy