Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurry Videos please help
Zadira Kindleriver [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Idaho Joined: Dec 26, 2010 11:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
I am hoping you can help me.
I make gaming videos for a game called Free Realms. I use Fraps to film. My videos are turning out blurry. I am hoping someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong.

I tried filming with 30fps and then 60fps and could see no difference so I am not sure if that is the problem.

I have updated my drivers for my graphics card and I have the updated version of Fraps.

I am using Power Director vs. 9.0.0.3305

My Fraps files are 1920x1080.

I am using Windows 7

Is there anything else that might help you to be able to help me? Thanks for any help at all.

Here is a link to my last video to show the blurriness.
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_CHcu7cUo
[/youtube]
Zadira
 Filename
Zadira DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2012 04:01

Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad-Core 2.40 GHz
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
[Post New]
I sure hope someone will be able to help. Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Well, Zadira - You realize that video quality is massively reduced once it's been squashed at YouTube. I just watched the video, and it looks normal to me - as good as YT usually is.

rbowser
[Post New]
Is there not any way to make the videos look like what the game looks like, though? In game the people and the names look crystal clear.
Is that just not possible? Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
It would really help to know how you got your videos into YouTube.

Did you upload to YouTube using the YouTube up loader within Power Director? This produces a WMV file. What profile did you select if this is the option you selected? There are various resolution choices that can be selected. Which one did you select?

Or did you produce a file separately and then upload to YouTube manually into your account? If this is what you did, what file type did you select and which video profile within that video file type did you select?

There are many variables that will affect the final quality once a video is uploaded to YouTube. You need to upload with a high quality resolution and bitrate setting that is at least the same as your original captured video. That's just my opinion if you want to maximize your quality. This will result in a fairly large video file size and would take longer to upload to YouTube.

Personally, when I upload a video to YouTube I use the YouTube up loader within Power Director and I have been always happy with the results. I tend to choose a FULL HD Quality(1920x1080) or HD Quality setting(1280x720) and I am pretty satisfied. You can modify these settings to make the quality even better if needed. But there is a compromise that must be decided on. The better the quality,usually the bigger the final file size. The integrated PD uploaded uses WMV as the file type and it tends to create a modest file size with decent video quality. There are some exceptions to this and I am sure that someone will point them out. But I am trying to cover the basics when using just Power Director.

Also as browser indicates, YouTube reprocesses the uploaded video to its own format and quality drops a bit. Also YouTube has historically changed its players and videos that were once acceptable display the video with significantly less quality than before.

I hope this wasn't too much information, probably was, but if you could describe in detail how and what you are doing it will help very much.

EDIT: You said that you are importing 1920x1080 fraps captured video. If you RIGHT-CLICK on these videos in the MEDIA ROOM and select PROPERTIES, you will also see what the video bitrate of your videos. What does it say?

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 08. 2012 18:51

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.