Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Icon in the notification area | pen drive sync
[Post New]
I set PDVD12 to not sync anything with my pen drives, but every time I connect one of them to a USB port, the program's icon appears in the Windows notification area. So it seems the program doesn't work according to my configuration choice in this case and also that there is some kind of service running to allow this behavior.

Well, I want to stop that. Any idea how? TIA.
rickycht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 03, 2012 07:33 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Not sure what PDVD is trying to sync. Can you provide a screenshot here please?
[Post New]
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Does the syncing start automatically? That is the description of the check box.

Just because the process shows, doesn't mean that it will do the syncing without your input.

What is the problem/issue? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote: Does the syncing start automatically? That is the description of the check box.

Just because the process shows, doesn't mean that it will do the syncing without your input.

What is the problem/issue?

The problem, as I said before, is that all the options there are disabled, but even so that icon in the notification area keeps showing, which probably means there is some sort of service running somehow, and I want to stop it.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Does the syncing start automatically? That is the description of the check box.

What is the problem/issue?

The problem, as I said before, is that all the options there are disabled, but even so that icon in the notification area keeps showing, which probably means there is some sort of service running somehow, and I want to stop it.

You sound like you know about computers. Why don't you use Windows to stop or at least set it to manual start the process? Reboot and the process shouldn't restart.

You can look at the processes and open and close PDVD 12 to determine what process is involved.

Perhaps you can contact Cyberlink's Tech Support to get that information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2012 18:08

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.