Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lower bitrates when producing 1080p video?
[Post New]
I record a lot of gameplay footage, and upload it to youtube. Due to Youtube's compression I don't need to upload video with a bitrate higher than 8000 kbps. It seems like if I want 1080p video, the lowest I can go is 13000 kbps. This is problematic because the file sizes go from 650 mb, to about 1000+. That's at least 30-40 more minutes of upload time PER video, and I sometimes upload up to 10 videos in 1 sitting. Is there something I can do to render at 8000 kbps? I use .mt2s format, but it seems like no matter what format I pick, the lowest I can go is 13000 kbps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2012 01:23

AziraphaleUK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2012 02:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The lack of bitrate control is a big issue as far as Im consired.

Loaded up a 720p 3.7gb MKV (110 mins runtime) edited out the last 10 mins (Just a simply trim, no fades/wipes/Fx), rendered out to 6.5gb MKV file (same 720p and frame rate). The output was great and loved the speed of the render but the hugh size increase is a real downer.

The point of MKV/MP4 and other formats is high quality at lower bit rates which PD11 is currently lacking, hopefully Cyberlink will correct this over site within PD11 soon. Hopefully a simply slider system with an approx outfile size notifcation.

Im only playing with the trial at the moment, while the lack of bitrate control is a issue its not a deal breaker and I will be purchasing PD11 come payday. The secondary reprocessing in a third party app to reduce the bitrate down shouldnt be needed.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi AziraphaleUK ,
What bitrates range would you like? The MKV custom selection has Frame size, Frame rate, Frame type, Profile type, Average bitrate slider control and a speed/quality indicator. You then have Audio bitrate selection - often overlooked by editors and one that has a marked effect on the overall bitrate of a file. Regarding frame rate - this is an area again editors often don't figure in production. Frame rate for streaming video can be a lot lower and ok to view, lowering the overall size of the video but not the frame bitrate quality.

Let us know what you're after and perhaps an editor here can guide you to create the profile of your choice for a full version.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2012 05:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Umbre,
There are ways to tweak the template profiles - editing the Profile.ini file. This is where custom profiles are retained for mp4/mts etc. WMV templates are set up differently.

Let us know precisely what you're after?

Dafydd

[Post New]
Let's see, this is my current profile for videos:

-H.264 AVC
-Bitrate 8000 kbps
-Resolution 1280x720
-Audio Bitrate 192 kbps
-Frame Rate 30
-Progressive, High Profile
-Entropy Coding CABAC

Essentially all I want is to increase the resolution to 1920x1080 while using the exact same settings listed above.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]

Place in Profile.ini, at the end. Open the ini file using NotePad.
Location: C:\Users\PCNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\11.0

Data attached for your reference.

I have run one test using the profile, rendering the Nature.mpg - seems ok.

Dafydd
 Filename
UmbreProfile.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Umbre's Profile
 Filesize
864 bytes
 Downloaded:
418 time(s)
go gary go [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2012 17:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan

Thanks for this info. I had a good play around with making Profile settings & found it interesting on how low a bitrate 1920x1080 will goto without to much loss in quality.
1 question. Can AVI files be profiled some how.