Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fox Titles
Rogue258 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 14, 2011 00:53 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
"Dodgeball" & "In the name of the king: a dungeon siege tale" do not play on PDVD 12. The latest patch 10/11 was installed and while the patch fixed some of the Fox title playability it has not fixed them all. Hope you guys get a new patch update out soon.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest you contact Fox about the playback issue as well.

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alvincht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 20, 2012 11:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Also worth the try to check on the region settings but they should be able to give you the answers.
Rogue258 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't understand why I would contact Firestone about my fixing my Ford.

I put the disc in, hit play and PowerDVD gives me the red screen saying update the firmware. How is Fox going to fix this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2012 19:29

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't understand why I would contact Firestone about my fixing my Ford.

I put the disc in, hit play and PowerDVD gives me the red screen saying update the firmware. How is Fox going to fix this?

I noticed that you have had problems with the "Dodge Ball" (especially) over several months. Have they ever played correctly on any player?

Perhaps there is a problem with that title as manufactured. That is why you contact Fox (or whom ever). Are these commercially purchased discs or are they legal or illegally copied discs? Do you see any issues with the discs themselves such as scrathes or gunk especially on the edges of the discs? Have you tried a commercially available disc cleaner/polisher?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2012 07:10

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Natester1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2008 16:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It's not an issue with the disc, it's a regression on PowerDVD. It used to play just fine. Suggest someone at Cyberlink try to reproduce this issue in the lab. I have the same issue. Factory disc purchased from amazon or best buy. No funny business.

Besides, who the hell are we going to call at Fox and once we do what are we going to tell them? How about this: "I'm using a soft-player on my computer that used to play your movie and now it won't now I want you to fix it."

Sure, that will work great. Step up Cyberlink Support your software.
[Post New]
And we are still waiting for them to fix powerdvd12 so it will play taken 2 bd even though older versions of the software will play it just fine.
Rogue258 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: And we are still waiting for them to fix powerdvd12 so it will play taken 2 bd even though older versions of the software will play it just fine.

Taken2 plays fine on my PowerDVD12 player. I had to run an update from the player itself, that little blue arrow in the upper left hand corner. (it will be in the update tab on the upgrade tap after you click on it)
Rogue258 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It's not an issue with the disc, it's a regression on PowerDVD. It used to play just fine. Suggest someone at Cyberlink try to reproduce this issue in the lab. I have the same issue. Factory disc purchased from amazon or best buy. No funny business.

Besides, who the hell are we going to call at Fox and once we do what are we going to tell them? How about this: "I'm using a soft-player on my computer that used to play your movie and now it won't now I want you to fix it."

Sure, that will work great. Step up Cyberlink Support your software.

Couldn't have said any better myself
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: And we are still waiting for them to fix powerdvd12 so it will play taken 2 bd even though older versions of the software will play it just fine.

Taken2 plays fine on my PowerDVD12 player. I had to run an update from the player itself, that little blue arrow in the upper left hand corner. (it will be in the update tab on the upgrade tap after you click on it)

I have the latest version thank you very much and it doesn't play on my player and I'm not the only one complaining about it.
Rogue258 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have the latest version thank you very much and it doesn't play on my player and I'm not the only one complaining about it.

I did have the same problem when I first got the movie and damn near bought another player when there was no update on the site since October. But I thought I'd play around with it before dropping another $90 on another software player and I tried the updating from that tab inside the player itself and that fixed it right away. Sorry this didn't help you. I feel your pain, Dodgeball still does not play for me.
robb963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2012 01:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I cant believe he said to contact fox! I'm starting to believe I wasted my money here! Also I would like to add that the remote app is lame as well. I use xbmc because it is a way better app expecially if you want to control it from an android tablet. I know I wont renew my paid subscription here because of the lame support. One more point, who put a quarter in your cup monkey? Ass kissers alway make me sick. What do you get out of sucking up to the lame ass coders?
Archon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2013 18:27 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had this with the watch.

Noticed an ipcp icon on the disk.

Think it was actually hdcp issue.

Bottom line is download trial of anydvdhd and retest.

The watch played fine when I did this

Hth
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Please install patch v2418 and check again, some title issues are fixed with this patch - but maybe not all

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Fox discussion boards here: http://www.imdb.com/boards/?ref_=nb_cm_2_bd

Yes, they do have ways to contact them or someone else who may have the problem. Did you look before you disc'd? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Natester1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2008 16:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
stevek, as previously pointed out, this is a regression. A regression is a term used by software professionals to describe functionality that used to work, but no longer works. This is usually due to the introduction of a bug between the time the functionality worked and the time it was discovered to not work. In this case, I might watch Dodgeball once a year, so I have no idea which release caused the regression. Nor do I have time to go back to each version and find out.

There is nothing Fox can do about my blu-ray disc. This issue lies solely with Cyberlink, who made a pathetic attempt to pawn us off on Fox. Clear evidence of this fact lies in Michael's (Cyberlink employee) second post, which admits that some titles were found to be broken and have subsequently been fixed in the latest patch (which no doubt caused other regressions in other titles).

Also, these IMDB forums that you pointed out are worthless. Here is just one example:
"Want to discuss Blu-Ray versus DVD, HDMI, HD, PAL/NTSC/SECAM? This is the place! "

Blu-ray vs. HDMI?

I might as well start a forum for Tacos vs. bulldozers. You have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Finally, a word of advice to Cyberlink: You've wasted thousands of engineering hours on worthless functionality that no one cares about, arguably at the cost of your ability to support the basic core functionality of getting blu-rays to play on your blu-ray player. After you get that right, then go and build the other features all you want that we won't use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 12:04