Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why does PD 11 tell me Rich Video is not installed?
DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I start PD 11 up, it says "Rich Video is not installed" and asks me if I want to install it. I always say yes, but it doesn't ever appear to install.

What do I need to do to install Rich Video?

Thanks.
[Post New]
I had the same issue (along with many others) in PD 10. Rich video was installed but PD kept givng the error you have. Nothing I tried, including registry repairs worked. The only solution was an uninstall of PD followed by a fresh install. I just put up with it till I finished my last project then did the reinstall. No more issues.

Wish I has an easy answer for ya. Search the forum and you'll see several discussions about it.

DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Uninstalling and reinstalling - I'll report here if that works (or not) just to add to the data for other users.
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, uninstalling and re-installing seems to have fixed the problem.

Which is good. because the response I got from Cyberlink on the issue suggested I update my sound and video drivers.
[Post New]
Glad you got it