Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
green rendering line problem
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Jul 16, 2011 02:53 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi really need help on this
I have £4000 riding on this DVD
I now have this annoying green rendering line that i cannot get rid of, earlier posts said that there’s a bug in the software - NOT HAPPY
I am just getting to the final stages of completing this dvd which add is split over two DL discs (4hrs) of edited timeline - weeks of work and now I cannot complete it, power director is pile of crap - don’t buy it! ho and just to add the sorftware crashes all the time and its not the computer as I have a top spec system i7 processor 2TB HD - i CAN LIVE WITH THIS it's the rendering problem I need help with.

I have not changed any settings - please help, what the hell do I do - I have companies that have sponsored me to make my own dvd

Mervyn
IanT500 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2011 11:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have just had this problem it was caused by Nvidia graphics driver autoupdate.
I uninstalled the update and is now fine

ianT
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
I need a quick solution to this problem of the green line rendering and crashing so I'm downloading a tryle version of power director 11 if this fixes it I will buy the more up-to-date version - can anyone tell me if all my previous PD9 FILEs WILL WORK ok IN PD11

Please

Mervyn
IanT500 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sorted this in 10 minutes by
Go start /programs/ Nvidia corporation and uninstall option (there's new 3D drivers and other stuff)
reboot when prompted.

ianT
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Ian I will try that, I did pop over to PC World and posted the question to one of their tech guys he said just roll back my system because of missing DL files - that I have not done yet but will do but in the mean time I did download a trial version of PD11 I thinks is the ultra but anyway that opens up my old PD 9 files and seems to work ok in PD 11 (trial version) so I might upgrade just looking to see what the difference is between the two and not much in my eyes,

DON’T KNOW I might even look at the pro version but would like to what the pro version has to offer as it is £200.00

Will drop a line here if the problem gets rectified

Regards Mervyn
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK here is the stage I am at now, yesterday I downloaded the trial version of PD11 ultimate and everything was working great with no problems PD11 bought all my timelines in from PD9...so that was good to know, now at this stage I did NOT roll back my system to an earlier point cos there didn’t feel the need to as it was working fine...so I bit the bullet and went and bought the software PD 11 ultimate version installed it and then had this happen, the blasted green line again so I rolled back the system and that seemed to work then I left my pc on at through the night to defrag then Microsoft wanted to install some new updates now the PD11 has the green rendering line...again, so I uninstalled the 3D NVidia graphics driver (306.97) and still the problem of the green line

Take look at the image its my CP have I got to uninstall all the Nvidia corporation stuff, if I do will it affect my system from running.

Images below I really thought the new £100.00 software would have sorted this... so still not happy

Please need help.. regards mervyn

IanT500 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mervyn

I used the uninstall option in start/programs/Nvidia Coporation
In the middle of uninstall the screen resolution dropped really low.
but was fine after a reboot I assume it just loaded a generic windows driver
the nvidia Corp folder now says its empty.
I have had a pop up message wanting to install driver from nvidia but just ignored it.
hope this helps I need to sort this properley when i have time
I had promised a wedding video to a customer and this really screwed things up

ianT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK here is the stage I am at now, yesterday I downloaded the trial version of PD11 ultimate and everything was working great with no problems PD11 bought all my timelines in from PD9...so that was good to know, now at this stage I did NOT roll back my system to an earlier point cos there didn’t feel the need to as it was working fine...so I bit the bullet and went and bought the software PD 11 ultimate version installed it and then had this happen, the blasted green line again so I rolled back the system and that seemed to work then I left my pc on at through the night to defrag then Microsoft wanted to install some new updates now the PD11 has the green rendering line...again, so I uninstalled the 3D NVidia graphics driver (306.97) and still the problem of the green line
Take look at the image its my CP have I got to uninstall all the Nvidia corporation stuff, if I do will it affect my system from running.
Images below I really thought the new £100.00 software would have sorted this... so still not happy
Please need help.. regards mervyn

Hi mervyn cadman,
If you are experiencing the green render line in PDR11 then please post the issue on that forum. If you are experiencing the green rendering line in PDR9 then you'll need to roll back to earlier drivers. The PDR11 issue was fixed and you should not be experiencing the render green line issue in that software.
PDR11 issue = PDR11 forum
PDR9 issue = PDR9 forum (here)
Forum Moderator
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ian yer I'm in the same boat.
I have no uninstall feature in that Nvidia Coporation folder.

Mervyn
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK I understand your concerns with the posting being in the wrong forum now I don’t want to double post so if you have mod rights to move this post to the relevant one that would be great but please understand that the issue started with PD9 and still is it was only that I purchased a new up-to-date software PD11 ULT that I had the same problem, now if you take a look at the image you will see that I do have a problem with PD 11 and the problem is not fixed.

SO I SHALL NOW MOVE OVER TO THE CORRECT FORUM and let’s see if e can find a solution to PD 11