Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to change photos order
Manlio13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Milan, Italy Joined: Dec 19, 2010 08:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Produced a slideshow with PD 11 I noticed that some photos have to me changed with respect of their previous order. I found out how to sort but not how to move only few of them without starting from the scratch. Is it possible to move photos within the media room ?
Thanks Manlio, Milan Italy
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Manlio:

Welcome to the PD11 Forum. You can "move" photos around in the Media Library by renaming them so that they sort there as you want, but that will have no impact on the order in your slideshow. The timeline controls that order.

I would select the photo you want to move, drag it to another higher numbered video track (down). Then drag it over to where you want it to be. Then you can select all the photos to the right of where you want to insert - drag them all over to the right to create a gap of the right size. Then drag the photo from the lower (higher numbered track) into the gap.

Labour intensive, yes, but that is the only way that I know to do it. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable members will have developed a simpler, quicker technique.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Manlio13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Milan, Italy Joined: Dec 19, 2010 08:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot for the fast answer. A bit elaborate .. I will try.
Manlio Manlio, Milan Italy
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Manlio -

I guess you are using one of the slideshow templates - yes?

If so, & you've selected "Timeline Order", you might have a couple of options:
1. Select the slideshow & click Customise - with *some templates you can re-order/swap/add photos
2. Right click on the slideshow and choose "Show Individual Photos" - then you can re-order before remaking the slideshow.

* The only slideshow templates where the order can be customised are Camera & Cell. In many others, only the cropping area can be modified.

This tutorial made in PD9 shows how each template can be changed... http://youtu.be/J6PDeatLY1Q - it doesn't, of course, cover the new templates in PD11.

Phil's advice about re-ordering photos is right. Another possibility for re-ordering in the media library is to change the alias of each image (if you've selected "Sort by name").

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 15. 2012 13:05

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!