Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wrong Video Length using MOD File (JVC Everio)
Maurice [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2006 03:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When playing a MOD Video File, came form JVC Everio Cam, PD5 get the wrong length a the video file. When using PD3, i have not problem at all.

When editing video file with PD5, i aslo get at the end of the clip the last image while the sound link to the video file is still running.

My system is up to date : video card driver, sound driver and PD5 patched.

My PC is Sempron +2800 and 1G DDR

I have tried a trial of Ulead VideoStudio 10 and i don't get throw the same problems.

How can I resolve this big trouble ?
The Phil
Newbie Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Joined: Jul 13, 2006 15:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had this same issue. I was able to solve it completely. All you have to do is change the files to .mpg instead of .mod. No program needed, just right click the file and rename it so the end if .mpg instead of .mov. This can be done because mod is a type of mpg file. It's annoying to change them all the time but it's even more annoying to have the problem you are having. Hope you get this before you throw your JVC in the trash, lol. I may not be god, but I'm damn good!