Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering issues
10 RAMS KEITH
Newbie Location: OHIO Joined: Jul 12, 2010 20:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everybody its been quite awhile. Hope all is well with everybody. My old computer was hit by lightning some months ago. Finally just purchased a Dell with windows 8, 64 bit OPSystem, 12 GB ram. intel Core i7 cpu@3.40 GHz x2 (what ever that is) and a NVIDIA GeForce GT640 ver: 305.29. Currently running PD 10, Now my problem is when im editing in High preview or normal preview resolution the video wants to render, making It difficult to edit at all. Now, I read the bit about Nvidia driver v302.42 and the issues with PD 10 and 11. So my question is, does this apply to me also or is there something I can change to fix this? I tried to upgrade as much as I could afford to avoid this so I hope the problem is me and not my system. I really enjoy PD and cant wait to get back to editing!

Thanks, Jerry Dell XPS 850, Win 8, 64 bitOPS, intel i7 3770 cpu @ 3.40 Ghz x2, 12gb Ram, NiVidia Ge Force 640 Sony HDR-CX150 http://www.youtube.com/user/bigbuff74
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Please read:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25009.page

If you can roll your Nvidia Graphics to version 301.42, you will get rid of the 'rendering'.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think that 301 driver is compatible with Windows 8. There are earlier (and later) drivers that work with W8 and that card.

Isn't one of te other options is not to use Cuda processing? That is unless or until Cyberlink comes out with a fix.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 11. 2012 09:57

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
10 RAMS KEITH
Newbie Location: OHIO Joined: Jul 12, 2010 20:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl and Steve. I downloaded the 301.42 anyways to see if it would take on my graphics card. So far it seems to work. The preview is a little more grainy than I would like, but I think I can live with it. With that taking care of, I was wondering would this be the place to ask about how I can import my videos from my external disk drive to my PMB (picture motion browser) Program. Its the software that came with my sony handy cam, and it works well with PD. However the PMB web site does not have forum to ask, just FAQ's. Thanks, again... Dell XPS 850, Win 8, 64 bitOPS, intel i7 3770 cpu @ 3.40 Ghz x2, 12gb Ram, NiVidia Ge Force 640 Sony HDR-CX150 http://www.youtube.com/user/bigbuff74