Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDir 11 (Trial) crashes when burning a project
v8yunkie270368 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Germany Joined: Nov 05, 2012 04:26 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to put a project to Disc - and also when I try to write in a folder instead of burning on disc - the sytem crashes with the message window. "PD11 has stoped working..." or so. Mostly, it even happens during the transition from Editing to Burning mode (while PD is creating all sorts of things).

I have no other application open, sufficient disc space (30GB on my C: SSD.... UPDATE: Meanhwile, I have it installed on my HDD with 500GB free space...still same issue), ASUS Radeon 7770 2GB, latest driver, Windows Prof 64bit, 16GB RAM. I have read through the forum but cannot find a fix yet. OPENCL is also supported on my system according to GPU CAPS VIEWER (see attached file).

I am using the trial version and have ordered the full version but will resend it unopened when I cannot fix this issue. BTW, Corel Video Studio runs flawlessly.. however I would prefer PD11 for your better functions.

Appreciate your support.
Thomas
[Thumb - CAPS.jpg]
 Filename
CAPS.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 10. 2012 17:03

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Thomas:

Sorry to hear of your issues with the trial version, which does have limitations. What are you trying to burn: HD or SD?

PD11 always goes to the C:\ drive to create its temporary files, regardless of where the media files or program is located. There have been discussions on this forum that 30 GB free might not be enough free space on the C:\ drive, particularly for HD editing and burning. There have also been issues reported with SSD drives, which is the reason that I went to Velociraptors in RAID0 array when I upgraded to a new computer last year.

Perhaps if you could provide more details of what you are editing, we might be able to help you more. Also attaching a dxdiag file of your computer specs (see sticky thread at top of forum for instructions on how to do that) might help us determine if your computer and drivers are up to the task. From what you have said, your computer, apart from free space on C:\ does not appear, at this point, to be an issue.

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration, if it is turned on, under Preferences. Make sure you have the latest video driver from your GPU manufacturer's website (not a beta version), and ensure that you have the latest and greatest version of QuickTime installed, as PD11 relies on that app.

Hope this helps and good luck solving your problem. If none of the above helps, I would order the full version which not crippled and check that out to see if the problem disappears. You have a 30-day money back guarantee so if it doesn't work and we here on the forum and CL Tech Support can't get PD11 working to your satisfaction, you can apply for a refund.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
v8yunkie270368 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Phil for your answer!

Meanwhile I have installed the full version, including the latest update.... still the same issue. Have tried with and without OPENCL and hardware decoding... same problem.

The dxdiag I have attached.

And I found with a test of a very small project with 7 short avi-files (SD quality, appr. 7 min) in a row, burning in a folder worked just fine.

The project that caused trouble was 1:10 hours long and consisted out of mpeg2 (SD quality) and jpegs... so probably size is an issue here.

I am also in contact with the Cyberlink Support team.

Regards,
Thomas
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
352 time(s)
v8yunkie270368 [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: I have made another try - this time with success: On my troublesome project, I have used a long mpeg2 (SD quality) file, which was created with a trial-version of Corel VideoStudio X5 out of AVI' files. Multi-cut it by scened and then did the editing.

This time, I have converted this long mpeg back into an AVI and then multi-cut by scenes - into a total of 1:20hrs. This time, the first try (with hardware decoding and OPENCL) ended with a blue screen ("... application ended to protect your hardwar..." or so).

But with the 2nd try WITHOUT hardware decoding and OPENCL (even though my GPU was deemed capable enough for both) everything went fine (burning into a folder)... even though I just did a rought cut, without transitions, chapters etc.... (did not want to spend all the work again, with having the fear that it will fail again). Burning time just took about 10mins... which is awesome to me.

So the size was no issue... the AVI seems to work better. Could there be an issue with the mpeg2 compression out of the trial version of Corel Video Studio? Any other ideas?

Regards,
Thomas
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Thomas: Glad you got it working. I think your guess is my guess, but perhaps the more knowledgeable folks here could suggest other possible causes of your recent troubles.

Have a great day, and happy editing.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor