Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR10.exe Stopped Working error possible fix
thomas1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2012 11:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I had this same problem as several other users. My problem was I needed to update the Display Link driver (used to allow my Lenova computer to connect to my TV through the USB). I got the latest 7.0 driver from: http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php
Hope this helps.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Info to help clarify the above post:

Displaylink software seems has conflict with PowerDirector which will cause launch failure and stopped working error pops up.

DisplayLink’s feedback that they already fixed in their v6.3 software release. If users have DisplayLink software installed, please update to v6.3 or later version from the website and see if helps:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2012 04:56

Bryan Frame [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2009 13:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this conflict, and I updated the displaylink software to 6.3, then to 7.1... neither of these helped... PowerDirector still crashes... any ideas?
The One [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2012 23:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having this issue and have been talking to Cyberlink for the past few weeks without any solution so any ideas would be welcome
rookie8155 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toronto, Canada Joined: Mar 11, 2010 21:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having same problem. I tried to open Power director couple of days ago after long time and now getting the same notorious error "PDR10.exe has stopped working". I uninstalled software and reinstalled but no luck. I don't see any resolution anywhere. I am running WIN 7 64 bit. My system has ATI video card Radion 4300 HD. May video drivers causing problems?
I will appreciate your help.
Photobro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2012 00:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I just updated my driver(s), and that cleared up all my current issues...
rookie8155 [Avatar]
[Post New]
What drivers did you update? My problem got resolved when I upgraded my Windows to version 8. When I reinstalled it on Windows 8, it started working.
Photobro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Graphics display drivers (the device manager has a description and make of your graphics card) just go to their website for software updates.

It's great that w8 fixed it too - but, it may have just been an updated win file that was the problem. So, I run win update before anything else to see whether that works to solve weird program glitches - every manufacturer is constantly adding functions to their software through updates, and you have to keep them all in sync.

Hope this helps - and don't forget to update your pdr too - they put out a patch late in'12.
Photobro [Avatar]
[Post New]
i running w7 btw - trying to avoid 8 for now....
rookie8155 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your update.
Photobro [Avatar]
[Post New]
no sweat - good luck!
The One [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thought I fixed this with info from the forums but it lasted a few days and happened again.

I bit the bullet and updated to windows 8 to see if that fixed the problem

updated drivers and everything else but still can not get it to run

any ideas?
Photobro [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I thought I fixed this with info from the forums but it lasted a few days and happened again.

I bit the bullet and updated to windows 8 to see if that fixed the problem

updated drivers and everything else but still can not get it to run

any ideas?

Did you download and install the patch from Cyberlink for Power Director? Also there's this to run - http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window8-updates-center/enu/index.jsp
The One [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for this i downloaded but still did not work. Kept looking and turns out it was something to do with the catalyst manager installed for drivers... all good .... for now thanks
Photobro [Avatar]
[Post New]
good luck!