Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Detect recording time of AVI files
v8yunkie270368 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Germany Joined: Nov 05, 2012 04:26 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,
I still have a lot of AVI-files (once recorded from a Mini-DV camcorder) that I need to cut. Problem is, that Power Director does not seem to be able to detect the actual time when the recording was done - instead, it only detects the date, when the file came from camcorder to my HDD.

Surprisingly, Corel Video Studio X5 (trial version) is able to detect the recording time and will sort my AVI's in a way so I can correctly position them on the time line (and also know when the recording was done)

I would prefer much more to work with Powerdirector, but without being able to sort my files as per time recorded, this is a real issue for me.

Is there a way to fix this with Power Director? Did I overlook something in the settings?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Thomas
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to fix this with Power Director? Did I overlook something in the settings?

I do not know of any way in Powerdirector.

There is MediaInfo that gives information about Video Files. It may have the information report you are looking for.

Free program.
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Another programs that reads the metadata.
May not work in Windows 7 64 bit.
Gspot:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Gspot

You can rename the video file to reflect the recording date, if MediaInfo tells you what you want to know.
That way you would know the order in the Powerdirector library.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.