Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Labelprint
Des Towers
Member Location: Rotorua New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2007 18:57 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently downloaded Cyberlink Labelprint which appears to be a very good programme except I have a Canon IP 4300 with disc printing capability and it would appear that Cyberlink Labelprint will only work if you have a Lightscribe CD/DVD Drive, which I do not have.
Is there anyway I can use this programme with my current printer ?.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Towers,

Labelprint is configured for LightScribe technology , there are other label printing programs available which may work with your disc printer.

You could ask Cyberlink if it is possible to include other technologies in future versions of Labelprint.

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Des Towers
Member Location: Rotorua New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2007 18:57 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert

Thanks. I thought that would be the case.
I do have the software that came with the printer that I use. It was just that the Cyberlink programme looked better
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Towers

I have an Epon printer, so I don't know if this is will be the same for the Canon, but I found that I had to set the printer manually to "print to disc" in order for the Labelprint software to recognise the printer.

I like the software, but my current dissapointment is that Labelprint will not work with full face printable discs, and the Tech Department don't seem to be interested in a patch. (when I say won't work with full face printable discs I mean that it will only print to the inside diameter of a standard disc)

Tom
Des Towers
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the Canon printer I have (model IP 4300 ) does not appear to have any setting that will allow me to print to the disc tray from any other software other than the software provided by Canon. There is also nothing in their manual.
Thanks