Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD4: How do I resize an image????
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I have looked everywhere inside Photoirector4 for the "resize" or "image size" tool and I cannot find a thing. I have looked through the downloadable PhD4 Users manual.

In my Photoshop, there is a clear and unambiguous toggle labeled "image size".

Surely, PhotoDirector4 has one as well. But where is it?

Thanks for any help.
[Thumb - image size icon.jpg]
 Filename
image size icon.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
306 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
550 time(s)
~Tom~
[Post New]
Hello Tom,

If it's any consolation to you, I spent a while looking for the resize button when I first started using PhD. It's not there.

When you export an image, there's a series of options in the dialogue box that pops up. One of them is to keep the original size or resize the photo. That's how you do it.

Of course, your original full sized photo you imported remains unchanged. A new image is exported.

PIX
[Thumb - Resize_Export.png]
 Filename
Resize_Export.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
254 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7187 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 23:38

PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Well that's a different idea, isn't it!

Thanks so much Pix for the help! ~Tom~
Débordé [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 17:25 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Do you mean crop.
If yes like this:

1. Click adjustment (on top, next to library)
2. Click Manual (on left)
3. Regional and adjustment tool (not a button),
4. Then click Crop
5. Crop your picture and click DONE.

Hope it help
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you mean crop.
If yes like this:

1. Click adjustment (on top, next to library)
2. Click Manual (on left)
3. Regional and adjustment tool (not a button),
4. Then click Crop
5. Crop your picture and click DONE.

Hope it help

Crop is not the same as resize. With crop, you lose part f the image. With resize, you retain all of the image. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
We are now in PhD 12 and there is still no simple resize option available.
Someone truly needs to contact R&D and tell them to add some of these simple and frequently used tools.

Quote Hello Tom,

If it's any consolation to you, I spent a while looking for the resize button when I first started using PhD. It's not there.

When you export an image, there's a series of options in the dialogue box that pops up. One of them is to keep the original size or resize the photo. That's how you do it.

Of course, your original full sized photo you imported remains unchanged. A new image is exported.

PIX
Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.