Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prometheus 3D UK Disc not playing
markjeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2011 13:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
just had reply from cyberlink telling me to update my nvidia driver and audio only thing is they both upto date dont think unless they read the forum and see it not just me we will be getting it fixed soon
prometheus3D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 02:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: just had reply from cyberlink telling me to update my nvidia driver and audio only thing is they both upto date dont think unless they read the forum and see it not just me we will be getting it fixed soon

That's worrisome an nvidia driver update was suggested. This tells me the problem is not yet isolated.

If the issues is not resolved this week, I plan to get my money back.
rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
You would think being a major multimeadia company they would work with movie companies to make sure this is never an issue. It should be to hard to make a patch before the new encoding comes out thru the movie companies.
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed the PowerDVD update that was released today and it solved the problem for me...

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_GB.html
TatmanPL5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 10:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
tied 3d version here in uk win 7, nvidea card. had update msg but it started playing with odd bar/line type shadowing. changed tv setting and it plays the intro up until the title at which point the blue screen of death keeps occurring and pc shuts down
Litey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2012 15:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink automatic update has been released 11/10/2012 and appears to fix the issues.
I've checked that my 2D disk plays, and I expect the 3D disk will play too (but I'm not really interested in 3D).

Hope this update works for everyone else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2012 11:10

TatmanPL5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2012 10:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
But alas no update yet for powerDVD Ultra 11 :'(

solved blue screen problem with nvidea update but power dvd still exits play mode after the movie title appears at the chapter 1/2 change over. if u pause and skip the change it plays until next chapter change when u end up back at pdvd's front screen
markjeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2011 13:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
newest update 11/10/12 seems to has fixed it for me as it had updated fox bd list
michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2012 14:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I confirmed that I have the same kind of problem with a french version of Pometheus BD 3D in france...
With the patch it is possible to launch the BD 3D of Prometheus (it was not possibme before...) but when I try to play the movie the sound is ok, the image are in 3D but they are partialy frozen !! I see image during 3 seconds, the image froze during 10 seconds and skip to a new image all along the movie...

I have see that it is possible to see without problem the bonus preview in 3D of Avatar, Titanic, I robot...
All my other BD 3D plays well before and after the update with the pacth except Pometheus...which work fine on Bluray 3D player...it is really a problem with powerdvd12....

Do you have a solution ?

Br,