Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prometheus 3D UK Disc not playing
dvdmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2012 19:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Just popped my new Prometheus 3D Blu into my pc to bate in the 3D and nothing bar a fox message saying the BD firmware needs to be updated

Is there an update in the works?

Oh and the 2D disc

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 02. 2012 19:57

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dvdmike,
thanks for your feedback - we are investigating the issue

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Reapy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jul 17, 2012 06:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here with 2D version, following the link given by the Fox message I obtain a message telling a new code has been introduce in bluray movies that is not compatible with the last version of PowerDVD 12, a free update will be available soon !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2012 12:50

alvincht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 20, 2012 11:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like an ongoing issue here. Something should be on that certain BD that's causing this problem.
Oddjob888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2012 22:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem also but UK Prometheus 2D Blu Ray not playing (PowerDVD12 ultra latest build). Get warning that blu ray player needs update to play disc. Guess it's an encryption issue or something. Bit of a pain, was really looking forward to watching film in Hi def at home. Also had a bit of a giggle as the Cyberlink promo of PowerDVD 12 ultra features Prometheus as the showcase film!! But it doesn't play the film at mo lol.. : ..

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q2/Prometheus/index_US.jsp?affid=2581_947_544_13000_0_ENU&utm_source=CLTR_RightBanner&utm_medium=CLTR_RightBanner_13000_powerdvd&utm_campaign=CL_Trial

To be fair Cyberlink have always resolved any issues I have come across with certain films so will wait for update...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 06. 2012 22:14

handsinmypocket [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2012 13:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same here with french 2D Bluray with latest PDVD12 Patch (1905c).
Hope the update will be available soon.
markjeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2011 13:53 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
i have same problem not just with powerdvd ultra but also my 3d dvd player and tv i hope someone works it out as i a little mifft as i waited just to see it again in 3d to compare fron cinema

just so we can compare i get a big red screen telling me i need updates and to goto for more info http://blu-raydisc.com/forBestResults
Oddjob888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2012 22:01 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Still waiting to watch deleted scenes and alternate ending and beginning..aaarrggghhh
markjeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
funny that i have collector edition and the special features disc i watched on my tv with no problem but theres no alternate beginging or ending .if you know were they are could to let me know what disc and were

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2012 11:12

david [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2012 12:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
having the same problem with powerdvd 12.....lucky i bought myself a philips 3D Blu-ray player.but i rather run Prometheus throught the Nvidia enhancements
markjeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
so wouyld i as it a better quality of 3d shame cyberlink having problems hope its fixed quick ive sent them what info i had
XGazX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2012 14:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Having the same problem myself with the 2D version of the Blu-Ray, just displays a red screen, saying that "Your Blu-Ray Player requires and update in order to play this disc."

Using a Samsung SH-B123L blu-ray drive, with latest (SB04) Firmware installed.

Edit: Potentially something to do with the AACS protection on the disc?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2012 14:50

Litey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2012 15:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same here.
I'm trying to play it on an LG Super Multi Blu R/W drive, Windows 7 32 bit, and I just get the "BD-J Error code: 0002" message.
comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question.

I'm in the U.S. and Prometheus comes out tomorrow over here.I was planning to pick up a copy tomorrow.I'm buying the 3D set but will only be playing the 2D copy on my computer's BD drive.I don't have a 3D setup yet but will still be getting the 3D set for the extra special features

I wanted to find out.Everyone having problems with their disks.Is it only with disks outside the U.S.?Or will this be the same problem for region 1 disks too?

Last year,I ran into that problem with X-Men First Class,than eventually every FOX new title and than finally every title from every studio.I was than forced to upgrade from Power DVD 8 to Power DVD 12 and haven't had a problem playing Blu Ray's on my computer since.I'm just hoping for not another headach like that to be starting up.

ETA

I picked up Prometheus this morning and had no problems playing it in my Power DVD 12 on my BD drive.Both the 2D Blu Ray and bonus disk played fine.Like I said,I don't have a 3D setup for my computer or a 3D T.V. yet so i can't check the 3D copy.

The 2D disk and bonus disk also played fine on my Sony 3D blu ray player for my t.v.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2012 13:22

Hudson22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 21:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Prometheus 2D-Blu-ray US Version:

* Run on Powerdvd11 with mosaic problem on certain scenes... (like starwars Blurays before the patch)

* Updated to Powerdvd12 (with patch 1905c). The movie won't play at all, I have the famous message about updating my player (http://blu-raydisc.com/forBestResults)

* No patch available for my player (LG Combo Player CH12LS2, and I doubt the problem is my player.....

.... Waiting for and update ....

markjeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
welcome to the growing list of ppl that know have this problem .
prometheus3D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 02:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Prometheus 2D-Blu-ray US Version:

I received the same error for the US version last night.

1. Purchased the pre-release version with overnight charges.
2. Upgraded from CyberLink 10 to 12 because of the link below!
3. Received the error!!!!

Is there any new status of the problem? I noticed this issue was posted on 02/10/2012 and no updates from CyberLink have been submitted.

(http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q2/Prometheus/index_US.jsp?affid=2581_947_544_13000_0_ENU&utm_source=CLTR_RightBanner&utm_medium=CLTR_RightBanner_13000_powerdvd&utm_campaign=CL_Trial)

XGazX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2012 14:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried this blu-ray again, with a free trial for another software based blu-ray/dvd player and it works fine, really do need to know when this will be fixed, as I know for a fact that PowerDVD is the issue now.
risey
Member Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jan 31, 2012 19:38 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Thank god u guys having the same problem, i uninstalled Power DVD 12 then reinstalled still no go, it stuck on 99% while reading the disc.. Ryan Anthony
http://www.PhatMonkey.me
markjeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
just had reply from cyberlink telling me to update my nvidia driver and audio only thing is they both upto date dont think unless they read the forum and see it not just me we will be getting it fixed soon