Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
pd 10 deluxe to ultra upgrade $$ ??
mdharp [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 10, 2012 09:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I need to upgrade my newly purchased Power Director 10 Deluxe to PD10 Ultra to burn AVCHD / BluRay discs.
I bought PD10 Deluxe 3 weeks ago Order Number: 207264145 Order Date: 09/09/2012, for $90.00,
& it won't burn AVCHD / Blu Ray discs. Program says it requires an upgrade.
(why ?? it processes & exports HD formats so how much extra trouble is it burning them to disc ).

Now I see on the upgrades webpage PD 11 Ultra is $130.00 new, the only upgrade option.
Upgrading to PD 11 Ultra to burn avchd / blu ray is going to cost another $80.00
so total price in 3 weeks to burn a HD disc = $170.00.
PD10 Ultra was only approx $120 new from memory. It didn't cost $170.00 did it
I can't find anything on the website to upgrade PD10 Deluxe to PD10 Ultra.
Given the short time frame of 3 weeks do I qualify for a PDv10 Ultra, or a
more reasonably priced PDv11 Ultra upgrade, maybe the price difference of
around $40.00 - $50.00 ?
This has been normal upgrade practice with other media software companies I buy from.
(ie: no cracked software here) so I hope Cyberlink see this as a reasonable request.
Cheers
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Return what you bought and buy the new versions. If you bought it directly from Cyberlink.

As with most companies; you have a 30 day money back guarantee. Contact Cyberlink as soon as possible (Monday) to exp0lore your options. Read this:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/purchase-faq-content.do?id=14224 .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.