Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering is too slow
jonas_1_jonas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2011 20:26 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Time to move to another video editing program.
[Post New]
Jonas..you also have a GTX6xx Nvidia card, correct?
wildfisher2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2012 13:09 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: wildsfisher2;
OK, so I have clarity, since your specific machine and video card, fails with a specific manufacturer revision of their driver

And a whole bunch more machines and nvidia cards by the looks of things if you read these forums. You did what you could and I appreciate that. Many would not have bothered.

I have just had an email from Cyberlink. My refund is in progress, should be paid back in full within 14 days, which is satisfactory.

You know what? It's easy to get bogged down and stick with what you know. Cyberlink software I do like and I'll continue to use PD10. It's just this new version does not work for me. It's all too much hassle. If I buy a car I don't want to have to spend weeks looking for special petrol or certain road surfaces that it runs best on.

Perhaps it's the jolt I need to broaden my video editing horizons. I'll may try Adobe, they are probably THE biggest name in photo and video editing software, so worth a try. Yes, a whole new steep learning curve and maybe different issues. We shall see.

I'll also keep an eye on this forum and if and when someone resolves these issues. I can always buy it again if it starts to work properly.

From one Fred to another - Thanks for your help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2012 14:07

[Post New]
Ok, thanks for the positive feedback. Before you go though I suggest that you look at the Abobe Premiere Forum, as it is CLEARLY an issue that includes the GTX6xx cards and they are not immune:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userID=&spotlight=false&containerType=14&container=3247&rankBy=date&q=gtx-6

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2012 17:18

jonas_1_jonas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2011 20:26 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Jonas..you also have a GTX6xx Nvidia card, correct?

Yes, GTX 670 2GB
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Someone posted that disabling CUDA is the workaround and this worked fine for me!

What you do is create a profile for PD10 or PD11 and simply disable CUDA for this profile.

Screenshot attached.

I'm on 306.23 with a GTX660. After disabling CUDA I could work just like before. I have an i7 3770 and 256 SSD so performance is still quite good.

I just got this card and before I was using the onboard Intel card. It's a shame you can't use QuickSync when you have a dedicated video card. QuickSync was very fast when rendering!

PS: PD10 AND PD11 are affected. 100% a driver bug that Nvidia needs to fix.
[Thumb - Cuda Setting.JPG]
 Filename
Cuda Setting.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
126 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
602 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2012 03:19