Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc - return to Main Menu
TonyTep8630 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Leicestershire, UK Joined: Sep 20, 2012 06:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a disc containing four mpeg4 files which barely half fill the DVD. The menu structure is an opening main menu from which you have play and scenes options. "Play" will play all 4 movies consecutively, "Scenes" takes you to a sub menu from which you can choose which of the four you want to play. This all works fine on the DVD I have burn. My problem is that there is no way of returning to either of the menus once you have started viewing any of the 4 movie files on TV. I have tried this on my main DVD player and also on another TV which has built in DVD player. In both cases they open up at the menu screens and I can go from the first menu to the submenu but once I am playing the films there is no way back to the menu. The TV with built in DVD player displays a little circle with bar across symbol when I press the DVD menu button on the handset.
I have had a similar problem before on my old PC, in fact I found it happened sometimes and not others, and I put it down to that PC not being high enough spec to deal with the software but I now have a new high spec PC and it has happened again.
It seems to behave properly in the Preview option in Power Director before I burn it.
Should I try a slower burn speed or could I be overlooking something fundamental? I was using a DVD+R, is this relevant? Tony T
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
In the "create disc" tab, bottom of page, you select the "playback mode" of your DVD. There are 3 options offered. Look at the last one "play the selected title only". Win 10, i7
TonyTep8630 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Leicestershire, UK Joined: Sep 20, 2012 06:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. Partial success! I was aware of the playback mode options but may have interpreted what they do wrongly. I have now tried burning a disc with the option you suggest and at the completion of playing each individual movie file it returns to the menu. However what I was hoping to achieve is the ability to cancel playing a particular movie before it is finished and return to the menu. That still seems to be impossible. I used to use Power Producer 3 and was able to achieve these things. Maybe I should go back to it! Tony T
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the response. Partial success! I was aware of the playback mode options but may have interpreted what they do wrongly. I have now tried burning a disc with the option you suggest and at the completion of playing each individual movie file it returns to the menu. However what I was hoping to achieve is the ability to cancel playing a particular movie before it is finished and return to the menu. That still seems to be impossible. I used to use Power Producer 3 and was able to achieve these things. Maybe I should go back to it!

Look at your DVD player remote. Is there a small Title button or maybe it is Top Menu button.

Try one of those buttons instead of the Larger button labeled Menu or DVD Menu.

Powerdirector makes menus that uses the Title menu instead of the Main Menu button on the remote.

Probably nothing wrong with you method of burning a DVD. Try the Title button on your DVD remote while playing a video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2012 15:53

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

TonyTep8630 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Genius! Your suggestion has directed me to try buttons on the DVD player remote and the TV remote that I have never had to use for any factory made DVD that I have but nevertheless they work for this. For example, the TV with built in DVD player has a button marked "DVD menu" which is the one I normally use but there is another button simply marked "Title" that I have never used but did the trick as you suggested.

Thank you very much. Tony T
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jakobigfoot [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Quebec, Canada Joined: Feb 04, 2012 07:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe I do something wrong... I'm new to PD and it's the first time I need to create a dvd menu. I have one title formed by two clips. Each clip has been tagged respectively as chapter one and chapter 2 and I chose the option to play only the selected chapter. When I click on "Scenes" it goes the the chapter menu where I can select one of both chapters. My understanding is that it should play the selected chapter and return to the menu. That's what happens when I select chapter 2 (maybe because there is no more clip on the time line) but it's not the case when I select chapter one. After reading, it did not return to menu but continue reading the title with chapter 2.

It's very basic menu, and I worked on it for 2 days now trying to overcome that with no success. Can anyone help me finding the solution ? The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...
Carl312
[Post New]
That feature only works on Titles added to the Content tab of the Create Disk Module.

It does not work on chapters done in the chapter room in the edit module.

That may be changed in Powerdirector 11, but I have not tried it, I did see a post on the subject.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2012 09:21

jakobigfoot [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Quebec, Canada Joined: Feb 04, 2012 07:26 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the information Carl312, I'll change my structure and see what happen The only thing I know about life is that I know nothing...