Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I haven't tried PD11 quite yet, but THANK YOU Cyberlink...
Scrovegni1305 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Frisco, TX Joined: Jul 18, 2011 18:21 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I had PD8 and PD9. Skipped PD10. I'm the guy who threw a fit on these boards about a year ago because the deinterlacing was so shoddy when putting the video on Blu-ray, etc. On YouTube the videos looked fine overall which is why I was content for a while, but they just didn't hold up in other formats. I have been waiting patiently (ok ok, IMPATIENTLY) for Cyberlink to fix these issues because I do amatuer travel videos as a hobby and I already had a TON of work saved in their file format with detailed subtitles about historical sites, etc. It would be exceedingly difficult at this point for me to move to another product, so I just STOPPED editing altogether. I have made zero edited videos of last year's trip to Cambodia, Thailand, and South Korea. I just returned a few days ago from Scandinavia and Russia with a bunch of raw footage I also thought I'd be holding onto for a while...

Imagine my surprise when I found out PD11 had released and supposedly has vastly improved deinterlacing capabilities! I will be trying it out soon enough, but I JUST read the product summary about 10 minutes ago so I had to write something NOW. I don't know if my complaints played any part in this at all, though I did get a message some time ago from Dafydd Bevan which included this:

I have been contacted by CyberLink (I'm the forum Moderator) to see if you could provide some additional information regarding your forum posts.

Cyberlink wrote: We'd like to investigate the deinterlace issue.
1. the project file (the settings are important information for us to investigate)
2. the short clip used by the project
3. the step how the customer produced the video (it’s also important information)
Please can you provide the above data as attachments to a Forum post, here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30/18614.page
or to a NEW topic.

I didn't see this message until months after the fact, and by then the videos in question were lost in the demise of the MegaUpload website. Still, what this says to me is that Cyberlink DOES listen and they do care about the concerns of their customers. This is probably a known fact to most of you here already, but I was more skeptical. Not anymore.

This won't prevent me from voicing my concerns in the future, and I really hope this upgrade solves my problem. At the moment though, I'm just thrilled and had to let everyone know. Thanks again to the Cyberlink team.