Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR10 Stopped Working
thomas1952 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2012 11:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Seems as if this is a very common problem.
I have a new Lenovo all in 1 computer that PDR10 was working on but all f a sudden it isn't and the dreaded message "PDR10.exe has stopped working" pops up. I tried going back as far as I could to restore but to no avail.
I have since uninstalled and reinstalled PDR10 Deluxe (with QT) also PDR10 Trial version (with QT) also tried uninstalling QT and installed QT from the Apple site but no go.
I've also updated my driver.
I have also run a registry editor (ccleaner) to remove registry items no longer needed (there were some PDR10 and QT items left over from the uninstalls) and reinstalled PDR10 and QT but still the same error.
Hope you might have a few more tricks I could try.

Here's the crashrpt:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0">
<ID Value="AD8B58FB-5E98-45DB-9708-C6B92E9C6B5B"/>
<UUID Value="S-1-5-21-2405543781-2304658010-2644764544-1001"/>
<SR Value="VDE110927-04"/>
<ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/>
<AppName Value="PDR10.exe"/>
<AppVersion Value="10.0.0.1012"/>
<Is64BitOS Value="1"/>
<OSName Value="Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601"/>
<GDICount Value="652"/>
<VMSize Value="402 MB"/>
<VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics" DriverVersion="8.15.10.2761"/>
<ModName Value="Unknown"/>
<ModVersion Value="0.0.0.0"/>
<ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/>
<Offset Value="0x00000000"/>
<SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/>
</CrashInformation>

Here's some specifics on my system
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/29/2012, 13:03:52
Machine name: HOMECOMPUTER
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: IdeaCentre B320
BIOS: LENOVO BIOS Rev: 1.0
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4008MB RAM
Page File: 1903MB used, 6111MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Thanks for any help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure why you'd install the Trial build again.

The version of PowerDirector you're running was released in October 2011. Since that date there have been a number of newer releases and patches. Please ensure you have applied the latest patch: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

If you provide a full diagnostic, members would be able to look at your system set up more closely. PART B.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

If PD10 was running without issue, it would not suddenly cease to function, without some form of change taking place on your computer.
a) installation of a clashing software
b) lack of resources
c) lack of capability of your system

I see a report should have been sent to CyberLink via a boomerang message. Please contact CyberLink support? Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2012 05:57

thomas1952 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for answering so quickly.
The reason I tried to install the trial again was just to see if it would work.
I realize something I updated or added caused it to crash but since I hadn't run it in awhile I can't pinpoint what that might have been. It's frustrating that the error message doesn't tell you much.
I did try the patches before but I'll try once more.
I'll look through that other link for other options and see what other info I need to post.
Thx
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have Windows Restore active? Try restoring your computer to a time when it worked. Sometimes that works. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
thomas1952 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried that and have gone as far back as I can. thx
KenB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2012 20:12 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the exact same problem. I installed PD10 and it actually came up one time. I closed it after browsing in it, and that was the last time it worked. Support sends me things like directions on uninstalling and reinstalling, but anyone with a little sense knows that's the first thing you try, and I did. So far it's been several days and the program is still not running.

I am running Windows 7 - 64bit with 8 gigabytes of Ram and over a terabyte of disk space. Other programs like Corel FX5 run fine. If someone comes up with a suggestion, I am certainly willing to try.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am having the exact same problem. I installed PD10 and it actually came up one time. I closed it after browsing in it, and that was the last time it worked. Support sends me things like directions on uninstalling and reinstalling, but anyone with a little sense knows that's the first thing you try, and I did. So far it's been several days and the program is still not running.

I am running Windows 7 - 64bit with 8 gigabytes of Ram and over a terabyte of disk space. Other programs like Corel FX5 run fine. If someone comes up with a suggestion, I am certainly willing to try.

Check your Video Driver is up to date. Be sure your Video resolution is set to greater than 1024x768. If your screen is 1280x720 change to 1280x768.

Download the latest Quicktime Player.

Re-install PD after installing Video driver and Quicktime.

If you have third party Codec packs, maybe remove them.

K-Lite (the latest version) is OK. Powerdirector has no problem with them.

Some other Video Editors can interfere with Powerdirector. Some other Video Editors take over some codecs that Powerdirector needs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2012 11:39

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, but still no joy. I've had the program for a week now and still cannot get it to run. So far, technical support has sent me lame emails asking me to uninstall and reinstall, etc. which I tried long ago. Something keeps popping up the same window, and I have even sent the files to Cyberlink, but so far have not gotten a response. Here's the last email I sent on a support ticket last Friday:
1. I uninstalled PDR10 using the control Panel
2. Going into the Registry at both locations, I failed to the folders you mentioned, which makes sense, because I just uninstalled the program, so it would have removed the folders.
3. There was no PowerDirector folder, for the same reason as above.
4. I rebooted the PC
5. I reinstalled PowerDirector, and it acknowledged the serial number I gave it.
6. Then the exact same error message popped up “PDR10 has stopped working
7. I sent the error report.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
KenB,

What does the message say, or is it too fast to read?

If you need to capture the message that pops up too fast, maybe you can record your screen with the Windows 7 built-in tool.
Search in Help and Support for "Problem steps recorder". the first item is the one you want. "How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?"

I don't know for sure it will capture the message, but it is worth a try.

If you have a Real Screen capture program, you can start recording the screen as soon as you start windows. Record Powerdirector Start up.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

That's just it...All the message says is PDR 10 has stopped working. It does allow you to check on another window where the files named MiniDump and CrashRpt can be sent to CyberLink. I have done that several times. Incidentally, still no response from the company.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Did you update your drivers through windows Update or through manufacturers Website? Update directly for manufacturer website and DON'T use beta drivers...
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I downloaded Quicktime from Apple, and my video driver from the Radeon AMD site. No joy. Same error. Still have not gotten a response from Cyberlink. I am runniong everything from InDesign to Corel FX-5 to HitFilm, with no difficulty.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
If the error report was sent through the error reporting screen popup you won't here from them directly you have to go to support tickets I believe...(not certain on this tho')
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Well, I downloaded Quicktime from Apple, and my video driver from the Radeon AMD site. No joy. Same error. Still have not gotten a response from Cyberlink. I am runniong everything from InDesign to Corel FX-5 to HitFilm, with no difficulty.

Those other Video Editor may be the cause of Powerdirector not running.

I am not saying for sure it is the cause, but unless you had a clean computer without other video editors installed, there is no way to know for sure.

The usual causes of Powerdirector not running have been covered, Video Driver, Quicktime, third party codecs. one other thing, amount of free space on the C drive.

Scroll down to System Requirements, This is the minimum specs for Powerdirector to run.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_US.html

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I have 8Gig RAM memory and over one Terrabyte free on the drive. Running Radeon 5570 ATI card with 1Meg cache (probably could do better there) so I should meet minimums. I'm betting it's something like a setting that is off somewhere. I just wish Cyberlink would get back to me. Are they normally this slow?
Maybe I should subscribe to their phone support?

Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl. I have 8Gig RAM memory and over one Terrabyte free on the drive. Running Radeon 5570 ATI card with 1Meg cache (probably could do better there) so I should meet minimums. I'm betting it's something like a setting that is off somewhere. I just wish Cyberlink would get back to me. Are they normally this slow?
Maybe I should subscribe to their phone support?

Cyberlink is not known for speed.

The is the link to Support. I assume this is the one you used.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Phone support, is $$. And there is no guarantee that they will solve your problem on the phone.

The Amount of free space on the C drive is what is important. Not how big the drive is.

Just so me are not talking apples and oranges.

Part A and Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Please attach the Dxdiag.txt files, do not copy and paste in the forum.

We need to see the actual Dxdiag.txt file (the whole file).

To attach a file to the forum, use the Postreply button not the Quick Reply.

Blue Attachments button below the Text box.

KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

Now this is weird! I clicked on PD 10 to get the error message, and it instead opened the program! I manipulated a few video clips to be sure it was working OK, and it seemed to be fine. I then closed the program and tried to open it again, only to get the same "PD 10 Stopped Working" message!
I am attaching the Dxdiag.txt file in the hopes that it might shed some light on this perplexing problem.
Below is the Crash Report:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0"><ID Value="FF81ADA6-4754-453E-9488-2CF05A0B8B8E"/><UUID Value="S-1-5-21-3142356685-3348057460-2740846192-1001"/><SR Value="VDE120306-01"/><ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR10.exe"/><AppVersion Value="10.0.0.1703"/><VersionName Value="10.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultra"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Professional Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/><GDICount Value="987"/><VMSize Value="502 MB"/><VGAName Value="ATI Radeon HD 5570" DriverVersion="8.982.0.0"/><VGAName Value="LogMeIn Mirror Driver" DriverVersion="7.1.542.0"/><ModName Value="Unknown"/><ModVersion Value="0.0.0.0"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x00000000024F9010"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/></CrashInformation>
 Filename
MiniDump.dmp
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
296 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Ken,Please post the dxdiag.exe report. Look at Carl's message and post at least PartB of his link.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2012 11:18

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I got the dxdiag file attached to this message. Let me know if not.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
290 time(s)
KenB1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Finally got the 64 bit version. See attached.
 Filename
kenbooster64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 bit diagnostic for ken booster
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
301 time(s)