Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio on capture with Pinnacle Studio Moviebox HD (510-USB) capture device
Sailor Guy
Member Location: St. Louis, Missouri USA Joined: Aug 19, 2012 10:23 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
My configuration information is in my signature block and at the end of this topic.

My Pinnacle Studio Moviebox HD (510-USB) capture device shows up as a “webcam” in PD10.

I can capture video but no audio.

My settings show the 510-USB for video capture and as the Audio Device. The last box, Audio Input, is blank and there is no drop-down selection list.

Under Profile, I am set to MPEG2. The details show Stereo Audio under that.

And I can capture video and audio just fine when I use the Pinnacle Studio 14 software (so I know the 510-USB capture device is functioning properly). But I want to use PD to do my captures.

There are two other forum members (Zoot and Life Church) who have experienced these identical symptoms. See topic [http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20338.page]

Can anyone please provide some guidance?

Thank you!

PowerDirector V10 Ultra 64-bit 10.0.0.1703;
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit;
Intel i5-2500K @3.3hGhz;
8 GB RAM;
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (DVI dual monitors);
Capture device: Pinnacle Studio MovieBox HD (510-USB)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2012 13:40

PD 16 Ulimate 64-bit 16.0.2313.0; PhotoDir 7 Ultra; Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel i5-2500K @3.3hGhz; 8 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (4GB); Pinnacle Studio MovieBox HD 510-USB; Canopus ADVC-300; Sony Optiarc AD-7260S DVD; LG BE14 Blu-Ray
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
If it shows up as a webcam, then there will be no audio.

The device may not be compatible with this program (wrong or no drivers). Why don't you capture via the program that came with the device and then do your editing from that captured video?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2012 18:47

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Samuel L. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Saskatoon, Canada Joined: Jan 01, 2008 23:05 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Sailor Guy,
Steve has the right approach. I've been converting dozens of VHS tapes to DVDs and I first
capture the data using a Dazzle device and Pinnacle Studio 15. I Have never used PD to capture
and have had no problems if I separate the capture step from subsequent editing. The resultant digital
files can then be imported into PD10 without any problems. I use Studio 15 only because the Dazzle device
is coupled to that program unless one buys an additional program.
Sorlie
davos [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Sep 27, 2011 03:09 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sailorguy
I also capture using Pinnacle software and then edit using PD10.
I have the USB 510 device which uses Pinnacle 14 and with my older computers with XP I use the Dazzle Platinum and Pinnacle 11.
Very consistent good results....I say stick with Pinnacle for capture
cheers
David
Sailor Guy
Member Location: St. Louis, Missouri USA Joined: Aug 19, 2012 10:23 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Just wanted to let those who replied to my post that I followed your advise.

I used Pinnacle Studio 14's Import function with my USB-510 MovieBox HD device to capture my Hi8 camcorder videos rather than trying to capture with PD10.

45+ hours later - I've captured 27 Hi8 cartridges as MPEG files and I'm ready to start editing with PD10.

Thanks!

Sailor Guy PD 16 Ulimate 64-bit 16.0.2313.0; PhotoDir 7 Ultra; Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel i5-2500K @3.3hGhz; 8 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (4GB); Pinnacle Studio MovieBox HD 510-USB; Canopus ADVC-300; Sony Optiarc AD-7260S DVD; LG BE14 Blu-Ray
[Post New]
The only way i find to get the audio with usb-510 is to select AVI in capture option from PD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2016 04:14

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Sailor Guy!

Generally, capture devices(for copying analogue content) are "plug-and-play" and, by rights should work with any video editing software, be it Pinnacle, Corel Video Studio or any of the Cyberlink Power Director versions, that's just my own observations. So I'm at a loss to explain why yours won't pick up the audio, so, I'd say go with what SteveK and others have suggested and bypass PD10 for capture purposes, capture your content with your Pinnacle software, then import the capture to PD10 for editing.

Cheers!

Neil

P.S. Be very wary of AVI, though. Either DV-AVI or Windows AVI, it will gobble up a hell of a lot of hard-drive capacity. Best to stick with the file type that Pinnacle uses(MPEG2).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2016 21:56

[Post New]
The 510-USB capture device does not come with true audio driver. It means that windows does not recognized it in the sound properties.
No audio item appears in volume tab or in the device manager.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
In light of Theolilou's comment, this might help. The first video capture device I used was from AVERMedia. While the image quality was quite good, the audio quality was attrocious coming through this device, so I bypassed the audio and fed the audio output from the VCR I was copying from, via an audio mixer, to the computer's own audio line-in and allowed the on-board Realtek audio processor card to work its magic instead. That at least got the audio into the system and sounded much better, but at the time I was using Windows XP and some audio drop-outs could be heard as the system tried to "keep up" with the video feed. There would be several audio drop-outs, but I put that down to the older operating system(Win XP). Win 7 and later should exhibit no problems in that regard, so if you can't get the audio to be recognised by the device, bypass the device and feed the audio to the computer's own stereo audio line-in. This should suffice until you acquire a capture device that will successfully feed both audio and video to the system.

Cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Look at the date of the last post by the OP = 2012. Please start a new topic and reference this thread rather than add to/resurrect a thread.
Thread closed.
Dafydd