Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue producing high quality 1080p 60 fps 28 mbps video
Jim_1080p [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2012 15:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I imported into PD10 (Ultra) several Panasonic camcorder video clips recorded at 1080p 60 fps. I am trying to lighten the video and produce in the file format H.264 AVC at 1080p 60 fps - which is the same format as the original video. The lighten effect does brighten the video but unfortunately is also adds a substantial amount of noise/pixelation to the clip especially during the panning portion of the clip. The original clip does not have this noise. I have not shortened or selected any other editting feature.

Is there a PD10 setting/option that I can set to preserve the original video quality? Or is video degradation a comprise of PD10 the rendering speed?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

I can't give you any clues about the light adjustment you've applied, but...

To produce to the same format/profile go to Produce > 2D. Under AVC H.264, select the 1920x1080 60p (28MBps) profile at the bottom of the dropdown list. The default profile will give you a video @ a maximum of about 25MBps.

If you click on the + button you can customise the profile. You can further tweak the profile by editing the Profile.ini.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2012 17:57

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jim_1080p [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony - Under AVC H.264, I did select the 1920x1080 60p (28Mbps) profile from the dropdown list. I clicked the + button and see the settings as you show below. I didn't toggle CABAC/CAVLC to see if that makes a difference yet, but will do so later tonight. Any suggestion of other settings that might allow me produce video quality similar to the original? Can I increase bit rate to 28,000 K bps by editing Profile.ini?

Thanks, Jim
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

Here is a set of instructions for editing the Profile.ini http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17939.page

In your case, you should follow the steps outlined in that post... the bits you need to change are:
<Video BitRate>38000000<Min BitRate>38000000<Max BitRate>38000000

... or just copy & paste the text in the attached .txt file after the last entry in your Profile.ini. In PD, it will be named Jim1080

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Jim1080.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
354 time(s)

Jim_1080p [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony - thanks for the Profile.ini information. Do you mean to use bitrate 38000000 or should I be using 28000000?

I have found that the original video quality is nearly preserved when I deselect "Fast video rendering technology/Hardware video encoder". Now I can use the editor to lighten the video (Lighting Adjustment) and then produce H.264 AVC, Profile:AVC 1920 x 1080/60p (28 Mbps) and acheve video which is similar in quality to the original. I have not timed the rendering operation but I dont notice a difference between Fast video rendering "on" versus "off".

Is Fast video rendering known to result in lower video quality?

Jim
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jim -

I was assuming that your original clips were shot at 38MBps, but I could be mixing up my information. If you right click on a clip & select properties, it will say. Sorry if I misled you.

To maximise quality, the rule of thumb is to stick to the original format & profile. In real life, depending on what you're shooting, it would be often difficult to detect the difference.

It's true that many forum members have hardware acceleration turned off (unchecked) because of quality issues. Has unchecking those options corrected the problem you were having with lighting adjustment?

If you're getting a produced file you're happy with, I'd stick with it.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2012 02:13

[Post New]
Reason why the quality is better when you turn off(uncheck) the true velocity engine etc is due how it's encoded.

The thing is using any type of fast encoding produces less quality to make up for faster encoding time.

Cuda,CL,True velocity or any type of engine that speeds the encoding time produce less quality due it's instructions its limit it has on GPU.

This not only effects PD10,also effect Sony Vegas,Adobe etc higher quality software.

In short and less technical description for easier understanding is that Cuda or any engine thats speeds up encoding time uses fast(dumb)instruction less accurate on how to encode the video while turning this features off and using your CPU uses more precise decisions and better quality versus GPU encoding.

Do a search on the web for CPU vs GPU Encoding for more specifics.
[Post New]
Quote:
Cuda,CL,True velocity or any type of engine that speeds the encoding time produce less quality due it's instructions its limit it has on GPU.

Very forceful opinion, but I cannot agree with it (especially with bolded one).
Intel Quick Sync does a very good job - excellent speed with excellent quality.

Jim_1080p:

another option to keep your file as close as possible to your source file is to press "Intelligent SVRT" option in Produce environment (just above MPEG-2 and H.264 AVC buttons).
If you use light adjustment ALL your clip (probably) will be rendered (the quality will be worse than original)