Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is This Normal...???
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2008 11:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I just finished a 43 minute video of Christmas activities.....Now I am trying to Create a video file into a MPE2 format. Right now its on its 20th hour and is 90% completed....
Is this correct....?? Takes that long...
The video is from the same take off the same camera....stills are in it....so is music...and wipes and title boards....
Is their something I missed....
Now I thought the program was at fault, so I uninstalled it..removed it from the REGIT, etc..
Reinstalled the program, got the patches and the same thing....20 hours and still going

- Did I miss something..??
-Thanks,

-Bill

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick guess, look at your timeline. Can you find the end? Did you accidentally place a file that found a home 20 hours down the road?
Also, for a subject header, be clear on what is going on! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2008 11:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Yes...should have more info in the "Subject"...

No...I watch the Video as the program works...and after 10 hours at 50% .I am at the 20 some minutes point of the 45 minute program.
What should be a good time factor for a 45 minute program, loaded....

No the program does end with the end of the video, there is noting on down the line at the 20 hour point...

-Bill
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You came to the right place, just found the wrong person! Look around the forum, or repost, someone with true knowledge will help you.
If you repost, include what version of PD, and OS. More info will narrow down the issues. did you check the Cyberlink site for updates/patches?
Good luck.
Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2008 17:03

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this will apply to your project or not, and I'm really no expert at video work at all, but I was working recently with a file transfered from a dvd that for some reason (I don't know why) showed that it was 3 plus hours long in the properties, even though the actual length was only 45 minutes. The way I handled it was: I imported it into PD5, detected the scenes, cut out the extraneous time (it showed up as blank space when done this way), and then produced the video again. This took care of the extra time and reduced the file size.