Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD-J Error Code: 0003, need help
reiderj8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2012 00:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So I have recently bought a new movie and when I tried to play it I got this error and it says that I should update my blu-ray player. But everything I have is already up to date and I still can not watch this movie. I know that I have the ability to play blu-ray, I have watched other movies on this system. And when I emailed support, they said I should update and didn't give me a solid answer of what the error code means. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to solve it?
M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
What movie? If it's 'planet of the apes' from fox, cyberlink said they'll release a workaround at some point in the future.
reiderj8 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its Dodgeball A true underdog story. it is copyrighted by fox though
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried installing anydvd hd? If it's related to a copy protection that might fix it.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you run the Advisor to see if there is anything it sees?

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

Is this the only blu-ray DVD that is giving you issues?

What is the rest of the error code. There should be more numbers (Google).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 23. 2012 09:13

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
reiderj8 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I ran the advisor and everything is good.
I've only played two blu-rays since I have only gotten my new system recently. And the first blu-ray that I played worked fine. And error code 0003 was the only thing that came up. I tried Googling it but the only thing that I found was stuff about copyright protections
LordGarth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2012 19:50 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I got the same error on Planet of the Apes. First they told me to contact Fox. After I told them that was an unacceptable answer, they had me download the program again because "it was an old build" (it had the right build number on my screen but they said the SR # needed to be different). They also had me upload a couple of files and pics. After I told them it worked on PowerDVD 10 OEM and only stopped working after I "upgraded"m I finally got an answer that the problem will be fixed in a patch to be released in Mid-August.