Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove text that shows file name on timeline?
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Now I understand... I get lost from time to time.

Walter Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
I think we are getting side tracked to an issue that is not what the OP originally asked about.

The OP was concerned about the text that appears on the clip on the time line, which is the file name or the name of the clip if it is given an alias. I am sure he was not asking about the pop-up tool tip that appears momentarily when you hover over a clip.

What I was referring to was the text that shows constantly on the timeline indicating file names (not the one that pops up if you mouse over). If it didn't repeat itself with every split it wouldn't be a problem, but it does. So I might edit out an "uhh" from the audio, then have another very close to that. However, it gets tedious because right after the first edit (which splits the file on timeline) now the new text of the file name is right over where the next edit is.

In my opinion only, these names (on the clips) are necessary for any projects that have multiple clips/images. Otherwise, how would a person know for sure which clip/image they were actually working on.

Hal

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
That was my first thought. Is this what we are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsf_CkccRBs&feature=youtu.be Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That was my first thought. Is this what we are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsf_CkccRBs&feature=youtu.be

The video is set as private and cannot be viewed.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
twincitybulldog
[Post New]
Sorry about that. I changed it so it can be viewed. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent workaround Walter!

You're right though... once you re-open the project the original file name re-appears on the video section of the clip (even if you unlink audio & video & reset the aliases separately).

Still - from the OP's perspective, your suggestion answers the problem because it was audio editing in question.

Good stuff!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that the changed alias will stick if there is at least one character in the alias name, besides spaces. Deleting all the text without entering anything new will cause the original name to re-appear the next time the project is opened.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2012 06:58

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
twincitybulldog
[Post New]
Quote: It seems that the changed alias will stick if there is at least one character in the alias name, besides spaces. Deleting all the text without entering anything new will cause the original name to re-appear the next time the project is opened.

Yes that's only true in the video timeline, not in the audio timeline. The text in the audio will not re-appear when opened again.The test in the video timeline is not a problem with myself, but you are correct... Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.