Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc doesnt work at all.
thdman1511 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Australia Joined: May 17, 2012 19:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure whether this belongs in this forum. After loading a template from Directorzone, I found that my PowerDirector 10 Ultra Create Disc function failed to work, causing PowerDirector to stop working. I cannot produce a video folder nor can I burn to disc. I can edit the video footage, produce it, but I cannot, Produce a DVD/BD Folder because when I go the click create disc it starts to load the module in and half way throught the loading procedure it stop working and message I get is PDR10.exe has stop working and it produces a crash dump file.

Just wondering whether or not anyone else have experienced this. Unfortunately Tech support and sent the problem to their Research and Development department because they dont know who to fix it.

Over the years I have spent alot of money buying PowerDirector and upgrading it to PowerDirector10 Ultra, to have it just stop working, I originally started out with PowerDirector 7.

So if anyone else has had this problem can you let me know please. Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post a link to the template you are trying to use?

Did you try a different project to see if that works? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
thdman1511 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Australia Joined: May 17, 2012 19:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried other projects, I can produce but not burn to disc or create a folder.

The link to the template is http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/118376335

I can upload edited video footage to youtube which on one thing. But I lost the use of PowerProducer as well. I have been avid use of PowerDirector 10 Ultra and some of the other products of cyberlink. I recently purchased a Blue Ray Rewriter so I could do some Blue Ray disk for my home movies, but not having use of the create disc function of PowerDirector I cant even do this. Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hey ! I like that since I am living just south of Houston.

If it were only burning, there would be a lot of things to try but since you can't even produce a folder, then I would suspect that something has corrupted the program. Have you tried doing a repair on it?

If you are uploading to YouTube, then you are encoding the file to a usable format. Those YouTube videos are usually very short. Do you have enough free space for the program to encode a longer file (a minimum double of the size of the original). How much defragged and free space do you have on your system drive? That is where the temp files are placed while encoding so a lot of space is needed.

Do a dxdiag.exe of your computer and attach the txt file to your response.

Edit: There is no e in blu-ray.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 30. 2012 10:43

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
thdman1511 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is doing a repair the same as re-installing it again.

just need to make sure, as Tech support hasnt asked me to try and repair the program.

if so then I will do that now, Maybe I need to defrag the drive, and see if that fixes the problem.

Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
thdman1511 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I have narrow down the problem to the latest update of PowerDirector 10 Ultra. Patch cyberlink1703_GM5_Patch_VDE120314-03.

When I installed the original download of PowerDirector 10 Ultra, everything works without a problem. However when I install the update above that is when I get the problem. I think that patch needs to be reworked. Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
i have the same problem. All other patches for PD10 Ultra above Version 1012 Crashes the PD10.exe, when i would create a disc. I have tested ist on a new clean Win7 64 System. No Chance to youse PD10 with a Patch above v.1012.

blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
This ist the Solution, and i had the same issue . Look at this thread. Works for me 100%.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20701.page

(read the two last comments)