Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I control the video size that has been editted?
Mr19th
Member Location: Atlanta, GA Joined: Dec 28, 2009 15:41 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
I have brought in a video(mp4) thats original size is 1440 x 1080. I need to delete a scene and then resave it, but when I delete the scene and then go in to resave it, the only options I have, when it comes to the video size, is 720 x 480.

Why?

Why can't I just go into the video crop out a scene and then resave it as the same? When I go to save it, 90% of the options that are normally there are gone. Is there something I can do, or didn't do, to save as the original is saved?

If there is a way and I have just gotten myself lost, is there a way to save it back as a mp4 like the original?

Thanks for your help,
Sean -
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Try checking the various formats and sizes offered when you go to "produce" the project. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Sean,

You probably don't want a question for an answer, but, what format are you choosing when you go into the produce module? Are you choosing mpeg4 or some other format?

Without the anser we can only guess as to what is happening when you atept to save/produce your edited video.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Mr19th
Member Location: Atlanta, GA Joined: Dec 28, 2009 15:41 Messages: 83 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I've tried all different formats and looked threw them, but the best I can find is 720 x 480. That includes WMV, H.264, AVI, MOV, MPEG's..., all formats. Why can't I chose a larger size?

Normally there are many different options.

Thanks -
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well, I've tried all different formats and looked threw them, but the best I can find is 720 x 480. That includes WMV, H.264, AVI, MOV, MPEG's..., all formats. Why can't I chose a larger size?

Normally there are many different options.

Thanks

What about these formats in Powerdirector 8?

The WMV 9 HD High Quality profile is 1440x1080

[Thumb - PD8 Produce WMV HD options.png]
 Filename
PD8 Produce WMV HD options.png
[Disk]
 Description
WMV HD options Scroll to bottom
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
341 time(s)
[Thumb - PD8 Produce MPEG-2 options.png]
 Filename
PD8 Produce MPEG-2 options.png
[Disk]
 Description
MPEG-2 HD options.
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)
[Thumb - PD8 Produce AVC options.png]
 Filename
PD8 Produce AVC options.png
[Disk]
 Description
Option for Produce AVC
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jun 27. 2012 17:23

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly where I was going with this Karl.
Thanks for saving me the time. LOL Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.