Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple Computer License
amstec1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Apr 01, 2012 04:19 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
sorry for the confusion guys i was only trying to add my pennys worth !
anyway my question to cyberlink was can i install the disc on another computer as i will upgrading to a new high spec one soon windows 7 x64
PD10 Ultra x64, Build 1703
C L Media show 5
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Amstec1
As said by other posters already, the license is "just" for one computer. You can however uninstall from one computer an install on another. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

D.D.M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2013 07:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased Director Suite 2 which includes PD12 ultra.
I'm a bit surprised it is not allowed to install it on a second PC (laptop).
I also own the much more expensive Edius 7 pro, even Grassvalley allow to have one copy installed on your laptop for on the road editing with only a single license which i think is a good approach.

I really hope Cyberlink will allow this as well as i think many editors continue their work while being on the road or away from their desktop using their laptop.
I also would like to install it on my laptop not having to purchase another license.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2015 22:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I need to install video editing software on my desktop as well as my laptop. Other Software manufacturers allow this. For years customers have complained that this software can only installed on ONE computer. That means I have to purchase the software TWICE. Which means for the same money I can buy Sony Vegas and put it on both computers.
This is all I need to know about Cyberlink.
I will NOT be buying your product because it costs TWICE as much as the advertised price.
Goodbye power director HELLO SONY VEGAS on AMAZON
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
To all concerned!

Why is Cyberlink so greedy? Provided you, one individual, own two, three, four or more computers yourself, and all are used on the "net", then, by rights, as you have bought the licence and the software for Power Director(any version, but we'll concentrate for now on PD9 to 14), then it should be your choice, and yours alone, to install the particular version on any one or more, or all of the computers you own, AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A SEPARATE LICENCE/SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR EACH! I recently purchased and installed PD14 Ultra and installed same(from retail boxed package) on my desktop computer, it sits alongside PD8 Ultra. If the opportunity should arise that I should acquire a laptop computer at some time in the future, I should be able to use the same installation disc to install PD14 Ultra to the laptop as I have used to install same to my desktop, and it should be my choice, and mine alone to do so, as it should with any user of Cyberlink software of any description, not just the various versions of Power Director.

Cheers!

Neil.
Tanper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2015 01:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Multiple installation of a single licensed programme on different computers will be picked up by the security activation key confirmation and may trigger component activation failures and key failures. The purpose of online activation is to prevent the miss use of a single license.

Volume licenses are available. Please follow the link provided to you.
Forum Moderator

Is there a dedicated page for volume license?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Multiple installation of a single licensed programme on different computers will be picked up by the security activation key confirmation and may trigger component activation failures and key failures. The purpose of online activation is to prevent the miss use of a single license.

Volume licenses are available. Please follow the link provided to you.
Forum Moderator

Is there a dedicated page for volume license?

Look here: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/volume-license/enu/index.jsp .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is over three years old. The End User Licence Areement which is included with PowerDirector has changed in the mean time.

If a member has a question on Multi-Licences, Volume Licensing then you should address CyberLink.

At the time of writing in 2012 the opinion I wrote was as is. Today it may be different.

Please do not add to old threads, start you own new topic and in the right forum.

Thread closed.
Dafydd