Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Core i5/i7 and Intel Z68 Chipset
[Post New]
Hello,

I am still fighting for running Quick Sync on my PC (in PD9 I had any problem with it)
I am looking for somebody who use setup what has mentioned it the subject of this topic.
I would like to contact on private message or here (public zone).

cheers
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am running the i7-2600@3.4Gh Intel processor with no problems but I believe the Quick sync i for SATA drives..as I don't have quick sync running but I don't have any SATA drives on my machine.
JIm
 Filename
JameMacGregor64Dxdiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
MY DXDiag
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 11:29

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
I am so sorry James but you are wrong.
You motherboard (chipset P67) does NOT support Quick Sync technology.
Only H67 and Z68 do this.

SATA has nothing common with this technology

Thank you for your answer anyway

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 11:39

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gregston,
Ok thanks for the information I wasn't sure...as I've got the "Quick sync' technology icon thing but was greyed out so I read a little about it and seen SATA mentioned so thought that is why it wasn't active, my apologies.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

[Post New]
James,

where do you have "Quick Sync" icon ?
In PD10 ?
I have not got it (got in PD9) and this is my problem ....
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
In the 'hidden icon' on bottom of desktop Task bar, but not activated when I go to active gives error message. apparently only available on 2600K processor which I isn't my particular processor...
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 13:03

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

[Post New]
What checboxes do you have in Preferences _> Hardware acceleration tab in PD10 ?
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
OpenCL and Hardware Acceleration and shadow file all enabled.
Apparently the I7-2600 processor comes in two types one is i7-2600 (mine) and the i7-2600K which has quick sync I believe one supports the sync the other doesn't..
The 'K' is video enhanced and mine is game enhanced (my interpretation). Not sure tho'
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 13:11

James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I should add that I am not a computer guru...when I had my machine upgraded 2 years ago I bought from small family run business and just swapped out from a bundle package and got the items I thought were good...didn't realize there were two flavors of i7-2600 processors...till later...LOL.
But so far my system is working quite well in Video editing..the only 'hiccups' I get is occasionally after a windows Update or program update I have to 'cold reboot' to remedy the 'hiccup'.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

[Post New]
for your own mind:

K means "ready to overclocking" ...

thanks for your help

PS I am not a computer guru too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2012 13:41