Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking for good tutorial on editing Disc Menu Templates
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Finally finished my wedding ceremony, fine tuning the audio and creating chapter marks...now I'm ready to author my menu but can't seem to make the changes I need on differen templates. I've viewed quite a few tutorials but still can't get my project done. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks so much
Barb
Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Barb -

If you've already looked at some tutorials, but you're still stuck, it might be best to post your actual question right here.

You mentioned you'd made some changes to the template. What is it you'd like to do now, to get your menu functioning the way you want?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Here is a background I created see if that will get you going. When in Create disc module select static menu and modify insert this or your own background.
[Thumb - Dress_Background.jpg]
 Filename
Dress_Background.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Wedding Background
 Filesize
1322 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
306 time(s)
Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barb

Here's a few tutorials you may or may not be aware of they are using PD7, 8 and 9 but the basics are the same:

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, Jim and Neil. I have been spending all night trying to work thru this and program has been crashing continueously. I finally did get a disc to burn with no menu so I can at least proof my work....that's it for tonite. In the morning I'll review those tutorials posted and give it a fresh start. I'm wanting a main menu page where you can have Titling and choose "Play All" or "Chapters" and then on my Chapters Page, I need 6 chapters and the ability to go back to main menu. (Maybe because I use different terminology, I'm just getting confused???? I'll probably be giving a shout tomorrow am. Tks!
Barb
Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The Cyberlink Menu Design tips is here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

It is based on Powerdirector 7, but not much has changed.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl,
I've run into so many problems haven't even gotten to working on my menu yet. I actually burned project last night with no menu and proofed today. Volume was different on each video section I had imported into the master project and actually had some pixelation too so I've spent most of day reworking this edit.

I do have more questions and looking for a "quick fix" now to get the project done...then I can continue learning.
Questions:
1) Is there a quick way to level off audio when different clips had been produced and brought into a new project to make a master video.? Some of it was that I had voice-over &music on the clips which was alot lower than just the music on the other clips. Will that "Equalize" work in this new master project on all clips?
2) After I had all produced clips brought into the new project and made my chapter points, titling, transistions between clips, etc. I have to "produce" this again, don't I?...and it just produces (encodes the part that hasn't been encoded yet?
Without "double encoding" to mpeg and effecting quality?
3) Any idea what is causing the green frames in my timeline? Is that causing the pixelation in DVD as well?
4) I actually saved my project to a USB thumb drive and imported to another computer that has an authoring program I know real well, but my DVD Workshop2 Program kept crashing... Do you think that has anything to do with going back to XP and 32bit PC from my new PC system and this software program? I thought mpeg2 was mpeg2?
I have a zillion changes & corrected clips now, I'm really getting confused but I am dating & timing everything I save.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you guys know I really, really do appreciate the help and one day " I'll get it" and be able to share with others...I hope.
Enjoy the weekend....if I don't my husband will shoot me!
Barb

Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl,

I do have more questions and looking for a "quick fix" now to get the project done...then I can continue learning.
Questions:
1) Is there a quick way to level off audio when different clips had been produced and brought into a new project to make a master video.? Some of it was that I had voice-over &music on the clips which was alot lower than just the music on the other clips. Will that "Equalize" work in this new master project on all clips?
2) After I had all produced clips brought into the new project and made my chapter points, titling, transistions between clips, etc. I have to "produce" this again, don't I?...and it just produces (encodes the part that hasn't been encoded yet?
Without "double encoding" to mpeg and effecting quality?
3) Any idea what is causing the green frames in my timeline? Is that causing the pixelation in DVD as well?
4) I actually saved my project to a USB thumb drive and imported to another computer that has an authoring program I know real well, but my DVD Workshop2 Program kept crashing... Do you think that has anything to do with going back to XP and 32bit PC from my new PC system and this software program? I thought mpeg2 was mpeg2?
I have a zillion changes & corrected clips now, I'm really getting confused but I am dating & timing everything I save.

Barb

1. There is a free audio editor software that has automatic audio leveling. Search google for audacity.

In Cyberlink Wave Editor search the Help for "level"

The topic is "Adjusting the Master Volume "

2. Every time you re-encode a video you lose some quality. The best method is to use the highest quality format to avoid loss of quality, the highest quality profile in PD is AVC 1920x1080 24 Mbps.

If you can use SVRT you do not lose quality, because only the parts of the video that have changed is re-encoded.

3. Try un-checking any Hardware Acceleration and see what happens.

4. I have seen reports that Powerdirector is not encoding the correct information about GOP (Group of Pictures) ID. on the Transitions. which causes some other software to choke. I do not know if that is the problem.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure if this will help, but I made a very simple menu for a wedding video. It's on the DirectorZone site at http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/81968. You can use this as a starting point.

My goal was to get rid of the thumbnails and just use text. I thought the thumbnails looked tacky. Jerry Schwartz
Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just a note to say thanks to everyone who helped me get this Wedding menu completed and yes, Jerrys, your download was a help. Many Thanks. Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
amstec1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Apr 01, 2012 04:19 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
jerry i am getting a format error when i try to open it in pd10
any ideas?

steve windows 7 x64
PD10 Ultra x64, Build 1703
C L Media show 5
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: jerry i am getting a format error when i try to open it in pd10
any ideas?

steve

You downloaded it and ran the file to install it, correct? Did that part work?

When are you getting the format error?

[Yes, it did work for me. ] Jerry Schwartz
maha11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 12:10 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this nice share jerry ... its cool
amstec1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jerry
when i try to import the file into my work pd is looking for a dzt file and your download was a dzm file windows 7 x64
C L Media show 5
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
dzm = menu
dzt = title
dzp = particles & PiP objects

Cheers - Tony
amstec1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks tony that helps but i still aint got a clue where to start...
best i look at your fab tutorials

regards
clueless.... windows 7 x64
C L Media show 5
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thank you very much.

This one might help http://youtu.be/rxc68R1CSkE

Cheers - Tony
amstec1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks tony
i understand all of that but i cant find where this one is suppose to be in pd as i have though the rooms and cant find it in any of them windows 7 x64
C L Media show 5
ynotfish
[Post New]
Once you've downloaded & installed Jerry's menu template from http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/81968 it will be in Create Disc > Menu Preferences > Download Templates

Cheers - Tony
amstec1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well done tony top fella
i knew where it was all the time *cough* windows 7 x64
C L Media show 5