Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OLD MOVIE STYLE????
Kelvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2007 23:48 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys, I really need some help. I'm trying to create a movie dedicated to a real old cause so I want to create it in the old fashion movie style. How they were back in the 30s, or even before that without sound. If someone could tell me if it's possible with PD or any other program?

thanks
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
You can find old movie effects in PD 5 & 6.
Watch SEEMYWORLD for an example called "Reunion". It will be up tonight.
Use the right music, add a timely old video from the archives,
http://www.archive.org/details/movies
and have fun!
Barry, the knottyman! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Kelvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the Advice Barry. Any more advice?
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I've just done this myself for a Christmas DVD. Take your original footage and speed it up a bit, this is better than dropping frames. It gives that particular look.

Use a black colour board at points in the film where you want to add the text (just like a silent movie). Use some clipart to create the frame (holy, or some sort of organic border).

Now use the old movie effect for the duration of the film and all the colour boards you've added.

You might need to play with the chroma key for the clipart, but it is possible to get perfect results with some trial and error.
Kelvin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thats exactly what i was looking for, the silent movie effect. thanks