Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP designer
[Post New]
Is there any way to add a video as a background in the PIP designer?
[Post New]
I think that video not, only image (photo)
What I do in this case, add video background, on another video track
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Nice workaround at this. I know few users that would be glad to hear about this.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
peleus.......... Huh

dkinaz1

OOOPS...... forgot part of my post. I am going to have to start using word then cut and paste as this site is so slow half my scribbles are left out because it is 10 steps behind me......

Anyway.... Not really sure in PIP designer, or that it is a good place to try to get a video background made in there anyway.

But...

Using a video for a background is easy as playsound suggests..... Just remember that the lower the track number the higher priority it has in the background. I always leave track one as my background track. It may go a long time with nothing in it. So if there is nothing there then track two has priority of the background. Or track three and so on...

Here is what a sample timeline and video looks like.... You will see I have 3 titles. The first short one "pops" the title in, the second long one holds it, and the third short one will "pop" it out. Otherwise the title just oozes in, sits there for a bit and oozes out..... For me that's easier than messing with the key frames because I can set the length of motion easier that way and make it consistent across my project.

Filename
ScreenCapture_5-20-2012 3.10.19 PM.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5880 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
449 time(s)
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
458 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at May 20. 2012 20:39

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
I realize it is a simple thing to add a background by putting the video on a different track. I do it all the time. My question was that I wanted to create a pip that I could add to the PD zone library. You can add a background picture, but cannot add a video.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A PIP is a single image file only. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Does this help
 Filename
PIP.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
512 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
466 time(s)
PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro