Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem burning in Create Disc
rhstarr358 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2012 16:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I want to record my edited movie onto a DVD, but when I go into Create Disc and click on the Burn button nothing happens at all. It doesn't start rendering or anything. First, I had removed the title of the disc, and told it No Menu. I am using PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 edition, and running it on a machine with Vista 64 operating system. The machine has 12gb of memory, so that shouldn't be an issue, and there is 48+ disk space available.
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I have had problems in the past with the length of my videos when I try to produce and burn them to DVD. How many minutes long is your project? I try to keep mine at under 58 minutes and things have worked pretty well.

Hope that helps.

jgaertner1
rhstarr358 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2012 16:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
The video was short, as it was under 5 minutes. I'm going to try a different brand of DVD, as I used a Office Depot brand, and saw online a lot of people saying to use Verbatim disc's if they were having problems burning DVDs.
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
I've had trouble in the past with PD9 burning discs, but usually the error occurs after rendering has completed and the burn phase starts. When I switched from DVD-R Memorex to DVD+R Memorex, the errors disappeared completely.

But not getting any response from PD9 after pressing the "Burn" button is highly unusual. It doesn't seem that this problem would be related to what brand of DVD you're using. Please post back to the forum with your findings, RHStarr. Thank-you.

Allen in Chicago
anshubal [Avatar]
Newbie Location: India Joined: May 25, 2012 03:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
HI, does any one knows how to burn HQ DVD of 3hour 30minute Project on 4 continuous DVD's? UNshoe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: HI, does any one knows how to burn HQ DVD of 3hour 30minute Project on 4 continuous DVD's?

Split the project into multiple projects.

Load your complete project (Save Project file as whole project.pds)

Using Split find a point on the timeline that is less than one hour, 58 Minutes is about right. Split the project at this point. Delete all behind this point. Save as Part1.pds.

Load whole project.pds, Split at the same point as before (58 Minutes maybe), Delete the beginning (in front of the Split).
Find the next Point (58 Minutes), Split, delete the end, Save as Part2.pds.

Repeat two more times, Save Part3 and Part4. Then burn a DVD of each part.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 19:22

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

anshubal [Avatar]
Newbie Location: India Joined: May 25, 2012 03:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks So Much Carl, Cheers. UNshoe