Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remote - what are the compatible remotes that I can use
markdes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 15, 2012 13:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a presentation remote but it does not work with your software. Why? Do you require something special or a particular one?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
a presentation remote is not really a remote for entertainment, it is designed to work with PowerPoint.

PowerDVD is able to co-work with MCE/RC6 remote

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
markdes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any MCE/RC6 remotes you recommend? I see the smartphone apps but I would like a different device.

thanks,
Mark
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
sure if you use a Android or iOS device you can use the PowerDVD Remote [Free for PowerDVD 12 ULTRA users]

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Otherwise I can recommend Eventghost, if it can detect your IR reader (I assume you have on in your pc). It managed to convert all the remotes keys to keypresses, which I mapped to the keyboard shortcuts in powerdvd.
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter. I'm looking at Eventghost too. What version are you currently using?
markdes [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, with this software, are you saying you cannot use a generic presentation remote (like for powerpoints)? Some of the remote clickers say they can control things like iTunes too, but maybe that is a different class of type of software. Please clarify, because I think I am a newbie to this and don't really understand. Thanks
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Peter. I'm looking at Eventghost too. What version are you currently using?

EventGhost 0.4.1.r1568

Took me a while to figure out how to translate information entries to events, but once I figured that out the rest was pretty easy.