Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Last update reverts full version to expired trial version?!?
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 12:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
After updating today with PowerDVD 12 build 1618, Now the programe wont start telling me my 30 day trial has ended. I was updating a fully paid for version of Powerdvd 12. And there isn't even anywhere to enter my licence code.

VERY Cheesed off!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact the technical support team about your issue and/or try this first:

1. uninstall PowerDVD
2. use the cleaner [http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page#114431]
3. install the full version [the link was in your invoice mail]
4. start PDVD 12
5. activate it using the provided key
6. update

br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2012 08:05

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Wyndham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2007 23:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with me - tried the recommended fix but still locks me out and says trial expires in 30 days!
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I think the developers are aware on this issue and had this one investigated already.

It should be fixed any moment now.
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does this clear my user settings too, as I don't want to have to set all my setings up again, or on every update?
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Performed the above actions, programme is still locked!?
VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't have access to that email, just using the sign in on Cyberlink. Yet the only download link in "My Products" page is the update PowerDVD. When using this, the install quits, telling me,

UNABLE TO INSTALL THE UPDATE. YOUR SYSTEM MUST HAVE A NON-TRIAL VERSION OF POWERDVD 12.0 INSTALLED. THE INSTALLATION WILL ABORT. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ASSISTANCE.

Now I'm really miffed. This was sposed to be a simple software update, no trial version to speak of, now my media PC is useless!?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the customer support if you do not have your original files on hand anymore - and please remember to backup those files once re-received.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan