Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to play blurays that are made with Pinnacle Studio HD 14
goldenm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2012 15:04 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

For some reason PowerDVD 12 Pro doesn't allow me to play blurays that I've made with Pinnacle Studio 14. When I'm trying to play them (from a bluray disc OR from HDD), menu is shown for a few seconds (if I select something from the menu quicly, the video plays too briefly), then disappears and PowerDVD stays running but not showing anything.

Commercial bluray movies and dvds play fine.

Could you check that your product has support for playing blurays that are made with Pinnacle Studio 14?

I'm using the latest PowerDVD 12 Pro build (1512) and CyberLink BD & 3D Advisor passes all BD tests. I'm using the latest Nvidia Forceware drivers (296.10) and I can see from Nvidia Control Panel that my system is HDCP-capable.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this is a known issue of Pinnacle Studio 14.
the Discs created miss the "Certificate" folder which is mandatory.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
goldenm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can it be created afterwards so that the bluray plays?

Edit:
Just checked, the sertificate folder is there. The folder structure looks like this:

BDMV
--AUXDATA
--BACKUP
--BDJO
--CLIPINF
--JAR
--META
--PLAYLIST
--STREAM
--index.bdmv
--MovieObject.bdmv
CERTIFICATE
--BACKUP

Can it be fixed somehow to satisfy PowerDVD to play it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2012 19:22

guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Should be in the future releases. Good luck.
goldenm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, should be possible because even older (first gen.) bluray standalone players can manage to play them

I thought that PowerDVD should be able to play wider selection of blurays because it's so much easier to update than firmware of a standalone player.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2012 07:36