Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Complaints about playing movies on computer?
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Well all the other Power DVD version played my movies on my computer hard drive just fine. This version basically does fine, but the problem that it has and is very annoying is that it doesnt play the movie continually. The movies on the computer are in a few files. So when playing using PowerDVD 12 it will play the first file, then there is a break or lag till the next file plays. Instead of playing all the files in the folder as one, it separates them into files. None of my other version did that.

Is there a fix or does someone else have this problem and knows how to fix it?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
if you use DVD ripped content you need to ensure that the full and correct disc-structure is stored (contain all files in a l Vidos_TS folder, like the original DVD).
When using correct DVD folder structure the playback is smooth and like phsysical DVD.

The Disc Structure playback feature can be found on the left bottom of the UI - do not use the file playback feature, as this is not intended to playback Disc structures - please also check the manual (use F1 to call it up)

When use File playback the files are playbacked individually, like single files, this is expected for file playback

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder what caused this. By the way, what is the file playback primarily used for?
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not doing anything different with playing these files on my computer, other than upgrading to PowerDVD12.
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have basically used PowerDVD since version 5 and have always been able to play movies from my computer directly without having issues playing the folder in which the DVD is stored in. Which is usually 4 or more files. If I chose the Video folder the files where in, it would automatically play all the files in order non stop without any interruption. But since upgrading to PowerDVD 12 it will not do that anymore. It simply will play each file, within the folder. It plays all the files but one at a time and pauses when it changes the file.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please use the feature to playback disc structure and not the file playback.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess I am not really understanding what you are saying. I have looked for what you say in the bottom left of the UI and am not seeing it. I have also tried to find it in the Manual using F1. I am just not seeing it. Maybe I am just missing something here. Can you please try to explain better or maybe a link showing or something? I appreciate it very much. Thank you Michael for your help.
[Post New]
Hi,
very easy:

[Startup Help]

1. start PowerDVD 12
2. press "F1" ==> the Help opens
3. search for "disc folder"
4. select the "Supported Disc Formats" result
5. check the text:

In the BD/DVD Movie section of the Media Library you can also play back DVD and unprotected Blu-ray Disc folders that are on your hard drive. To play back DVD and Blu-ray Disc folders, do the following:

1. Click the BD/DVD Movie section in the Media Library.

2. Click and then select Open Disc Folder on Hard Drive.

3. Browse to and then select the folder on your computer's hard drive.

4. Click the play button to begin playback.

Of course your Disc Structure must be correct and complete in order to enabel a propper parsing and playback of the structure.
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
How to start Disc Folder on Hard Drive playback
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
193 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2012 10:44

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, now I see what you are talking about. Thank you very much for your help!!!!