Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Merge Two Or More Video Files
LegoDad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2012 11:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am very much a novice when it comes to video editing software and so this may be a simplistic question however I have searched Help for PowerDirector and the only reference to Merging is via the keyword COMBINE and it pertains only to combining back a video that you have split.

How Can I combine or merge 2 separate video files so that the end result is 1 seamless video file which when played will show the correct time (Duration of the 2 video files together)?

Currently I can import 2 video files , flv files in this case, and place one after the other in the timeline and click on Produce and get a single file. The problem is the time/duration shown in my media player (VLC or WMP) is all 0's, This is a problem because it means no fast forwarding can be done when viewing the completed video on a portable payer like a smart phone.

Thank you
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am very much a novice when it comes to video editing software and so this may be a simplistic question however I have searched Help for PowerDirector and the only reference to Merging is via the keyword COMBINE and it pertains only to combining back a video that you have split.

How Can I combine or merge 2 separate video files so that the end result is 1 seamless video file which when played will show the correct time (Duration of the 2 video files together)?

Currently I can import 2 video files , flv files in this case, and place one after the other in the timeline and click on Produce and get a single file. The problem is the time/duration shown in my media player (VLC or WMP) is all 0's, This is a problem because it means no fast forwarding can be done when viewing the completed video on a portable payer like a smart phone.

Thank you

There are some FLV files you can not edit in Powerdirector. You must convert FLV to something else.
Search for "Free FLV to AVI Converter"

You go into the Produce module and produce your video to combine all items on the timeline.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am very much a novice when it comes to video editing software and so this may be a simplistic question however I have searched Help for PowerDirector and the only reference to Merging is via the keyword COMBINE and it pertains only to combining back a video that you have split.

Thank you

I think if you highlite all the selected videos, and then right click and select " Group Objects" then produce, you will find the time displays correctly. I did it for a couple of mp4 clips, and it worked. Not sure about flv but worth a try. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
patrickmaleky@yahoo.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2013 05:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
iDealshare VideoGo, the professional Video Joiner app, supports join all kinds of video formats. Besides merge several video files into one, this ideal video merger also helps to merge audio files into one file. Moreover, this powerful Video Joiner also features advanced functions like convert video/audio formats, download online videos, and edit video or audio files at http://www.idealshare.net/video-joiner-for-mac-windows.html

Key Features:

Join video files of any format like merge MP4, AVI, MPEG, MPG, VOB, MOV, RM, RMVB, 3GP, ASF, WMV, WTV, DVR, DivX, Xvid, M4V, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, WebM, OGV, Apple ProRes, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MXF, MVI, DAT, MOD, TOD, MPV, OGM and etc
Merge audio files like join MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, FLAC, M4B, AAC, AC3, APE, AIFF, Apple Lossless ALAC, VOC, QCP, AMR, AWB, DTS, AU, RA, OGG and more.
Join video files in same or different formats into one large video file; Combine video files as well as keep the original video format; merge video files as well as convert to other video or audio format.
Convert between all popular video and audio formats or convert video to audio formats.
Download video or audio files from media sharing websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, Google Videos, Metacafe, eHow, MTV, BBC, etc.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
patrickmaleky@yahoo.com,
a big UNWELCOME to the forum.
If you would like a solution to a PowerDirector problem, we can help. If all you want to do is be an arsehole with spam, we now have your email and full name, I can assure you none of the emails you'll get from here will be pleasant.
Go away you selfish turd-blossom. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Rick Caine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2013 02:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know a tool which has the function of merging files into one.

The tool named Bigasoft Total Video Converter.

It's also a converter.

You can give it a try.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Rick,
coming here and being a shill for other paid-for software is ignorant.
Not a good introduction for yourself. Besides that, PD can join files anyway, IT'S AN EDITING PROGRAM, DOOFUS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2013 06:44

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT