Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Product feature suggestion - Add graphics toolbar for PiP
[Post New]
Apologize in advance if there is a thread for new feature suggestions, or if this has already been suggested.

Would like to see a simple graphics toolbar to be able to draw simple geometric objects (squares, rectangles, circles, ovals, etc.) as a PiP object, with ability to specify fill/no-fill, line width, color, etc. Purpose being to highlight certain areas on images or videos.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I've not seen that suggestion before, rkeahey, but it's a good one. It's not long that we've had Paint Designer included & a welcome addition it is!

It would only be a short few steps to add the feature you've mentioned.

In the meantime, you can add colour boards & mask them with shapes - then modify opacity to suit your needs.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Tony - thanks for the tip.

Where/how do you add the border? I think I've figured out everything else in your suggestion.

Robert
[Post New]
Hey Tony - figured out how to set the border... right in front of me.

This solutions works pretty well for what I want to accomplish. Hopefully CL will take me up on my suggestion and add a separate toolbar for it.

Thanks again.

Robert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: Superfluous post below...

No probs Robert -

1. Select the image, clip or clour board
2. Click modify > PiP Designer
3. Add Border (which takes the shape of the applied mask)
4. Format

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2012 18:12

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!